Life Is.....Love

His hands shivered while he was tapping his feet on the ground nervously sitting on the cold chair. It was nearly 6 in the morning. With a heavy heart, he got up pacing back and forth but stopped on feeling someone's comforting touch.
"Don't worry. Everything will be OK."
"Right. It will. It definitely will."
His eyebrows relaxed and a gentle smile appeared on his face. But he was still worried and not at the verge of calming down any soon.
"Abhi... Sit down. Here drink some water."
"No. I-I'm fine. It's just.." he buried his face in his palms. The tired eyes showed desperateness, anxiety and concern.
"Let's go there."
"They'll call."
"What difference will it make if you're here?"
He sighed and stood up while the grip on his wrist tightened.

"Maapale(son in law in Tamil) , you are worrying unnecessarily. He will take care of everything." Swarnalatha assured placing her hand on his shoulder to which he nodded.
The nurse rushed to them....

"IT'S A BABY GIRL!" 💓

Everyone sprung from their seats while Arun left his brother's trembling hand. With tears brimming in their eyes, they all hugged Abhinav and awaited the doctor.
"She's perfectly alright and the baby is healthy. Mr. Abhinav, looks like you still haven't settled yourself. I'd told you there'll be no complications remember? You all can go in one at a time, but after a few minutes please." the doctor spoke cheerfully removing her gloves.

Yes! This was undoubtedly one of the most emotional days of his life. He was gleaming with joy and was extremely thankful to his wife.

After two months from when they returned from LA,  the news of Samskruthi's pregnancy was confirmed. Abhinav was vehement about Samskruthi disagreeing with his decision of not having the baby even after telling the reason behind it to everyone. She was heartbroken yet determined and asked him to stay patient until the doctor said something. But everything turned out to be a miracle. Unknown whether it was luck or the blessings that were upon the benevolent couple, things fell into place so soon and they were informed that she could bare the child assuredly.
"Abhi, you go in first. The nurse informed that we can see them now" Chaya divulged bringing an end to his chain of thoughts. He grinned while swiftly moving into the room where the she was lying with an intensive glow on her face. He sat next to his wife on the bed and pecked her forehead while their fingers intertwined.
"It's a baby girl."
"The nurse told me" she excitedly jerked inspite of her condition.
"Relax, relax!" he consoled raising his brows.
She smiled while he kissed her fingers and held both her hands in his as he bore into her eyes.
"You knew it all along.. I always take the wrong decision. If it wasn't for.. "
He stopped seeing her cheeks lining with tears.
"No no. You are not crying now! I meant to say if you hadn't constantly tortured that Lord everyday with your vratas, sahasranamam and pujas, we would've had twins" he winked saying to which she blushed.

The moment soon turned happier.
"Here's your little daughter Sir" the nurse chirped handing the baby to Abhinav.
He hesitantly took the cute bundle of joy in his arms and smiled at his wife.
The pearl like eyes slowly opened while he took the tiny hand with his finger.

It was an exhilarating wave of untermed emotions which emerged in him as he held his daughter closer to his heart and kissed her smooth hair

It was an exhilarating wave of untermed emotions which emerged in him as he held his daughter closer to his heart and kissed her smooth hair. The nurse adjusted the bed to an angle in which Samskruthi could manage to sit and gave her some basic instructions about mothering while giving a meal to which she carefully listened. The nurse then moved out letting the new enthusiastic parents have some time with their child.
"She's looks just like you Abhi" Samskruthi whispered as she carefully carried the baby close to her.
Abhinav felt so proud as he savoured the moment in front of him for the first time ever. She blushed as he goggled at her with a naughty smirk.
"What was that name we had thought of? Yes..... "

Abhinav woke up when he felt something wet and ticklish on his face. He winced in pain and opened his eyes.
His baby girl, little Akruthi, was sitting on her daddy who was asleep on the couch. She bit his nose with her toothless mouth and being upset when he didn't respond, she got busy pulling his moustache with her tiny hands. She squealed and clapped when her dad woke up smiling at her.
"So it was you? Ammulu!" he mumbled as he pulled the cutie into his comforter. He kissed her chubby cheeks and nose and wrapped his arms around her securely. The restless baby wiggled in his hold just to see her Mom rush to them.
"I finished my morning rounds at the hospital, returned home and even the lunch is ready. Here you are still sleeping with your daughter huh!" Samskruthi complained.
"Join me inside doctor. I didn't have enough sleep last night you know? Sunday mornings are always the same when you have a beautiful 'busy' wife" Abhinav winked trying to reach her hand.
"Don't touch me! It's 10 o'clock and you still haven't bathed? Go freshen up and keep flowers on the idols(of gods) atleast. You cannot do the pooja today." she said walking back into the kitchen and stirred the sugar syrup for the sweet she was preparing. "Haa.. I forgot. We have to go to the temple Abhi. It's...."
She gasped as her husband cupped her mouth, putting a break to her endless rants. His other hand had gracefully slid into the exposed region of the saree holding her waist.
"Mmmmm! What's all this in the morning? The baby's seeing us " she warned him removing his hand from her mouth. Akruthi who was watching the scene unfold sitting on her high chair near the dining table,  squirmed demanding her space. Samskruthi chuckled picking the little one and kissed her whose diminutive lips curved to a smile of pleasure when daddy too cosseted her.

 Samskruthi chuckled picking the little one and kissed her whose diminutive lips curved to a smile of pleasure when daddy too cosseted her

"Happy Birthday Ammulu!" they said in unison again.