The Vanishing

3rd Person's P.O.V

Ann walks briskly through the crowded streets, stopping only once she had reached a small shop. Seemingly insignificant on the outside, however, the wonder it hold on the inside.

"Cassandra!" Ann yells once she has entered the shop. "I hope you remember me" She says once Cassandra has appeared from the back room. "Of coarse I do, Ann, how nice to see you again" Cassandra replies smiling broadly at her old childhood friend. "Could I ah...... could I have a minute?" Ann says nodding to the back rooms whilst looking at the few customers surrounding the two women. "Sure"

Cassandra pours two cups of coffee while Ann sits down and starts. "It's my niece, her boyfriend died last week." Cassandra stop momentarily before continuing to put sugar into her cup. "It was very sudden." Ann finishes with a deep breath. "I'm so sorry" Cassandra replies.

"I'm not exactly sure how to say this" Ann starts. 

"Sometimes all it takes is a leap of faith" Cassandra replied. Cassandra is .... a psychic basically and a very good family friend. 

"Kristie is acting strange" Ann says.

"She sees things and hears things, she's...." Ann trails off while looking down at the steaming hot cup of coffee in her hand. A distraction of coarse. 

"So you think...what? She's being haunted by her boyfriend?" Cassandra asks.

"Thank you for not making me say it" says Ann.

"So you want me to talk to the boys spirit?"

"I'll let Kristie speak to him through you, I think it will give her peace." Ann sighs. "Cassandra, my brother he doesn't understand what she's going through, and their relationship is strained, if you could just talk to her, just let her know that she's.....she's not crazy"

"Of coarse Ann, of coarse call me when your ready for a visit" Cassandra says.

Kristie's P.O.V

"Your aunt said that you've been having a rough time" Cass said taking a seat next to me on the floor while Aunt Ann sits on my desk chair.

"She said that you talked to my cousin Jason, after he was already dead" I said in tears while holding one of the only picture i had left of him. Tears streaming down my face yet no sounds or sobs escaped my mouth. I was almost like a silent waterfall.

"Yes I did" "Are you some sort of psychic or something?" i asked looking up at Cass. 

"No, it's different" she said with a small laugh at the end. 

"Is Brian here now? Can you see him?" I asked, a tiny bit of hope sparking inside me wondering if I could talk to him one last time.

"N-no" She says shaking her head. "I hear his heartbeat, all the time, even when i'm sleeping and in my dreams i can see him and he's trying to tell me something.... Can you help me?" I ask.

"I hope so....is that him" she asks looking at the photo in my hands. I nod handing her the photo.

"Wh-I think i might have seen him" Cass says. "Really, where?" I sit up straight looking at every inch of her face to see if she lying or not.....she's not.

"Tell me more about him" she presses on asking.

"Brian....Brian was fantastic, no one ever thought he would go out with anybody like me, but from the minute Brian and I sat next to each other in chem class.... we just clicked. At first I thought he just liked me because I helped him understand chemistry...... and then I realised, he really liked me for me. Homecoming was 2 weeks away and he finally admitted he didn't want to go because he couldn't dance and I said that was silly. That no one can dance really, you just kinda move back and forth.

So i made a deal. I would go watch him practice football, he would take me to the dance. And it was the day of homecoming and I had just picked up my dress, and I was so excited. I saw her with her arms around his neck, his around her waist. She was cheerleader pretty. Just the kind of girl you would expect him to be with. I felt like my heart was going to explode, like I was gonna die on the spot. Brian kept calling and I knew I had to face him

##Flashback##

"Hey Kristie i need to talk to you he said running off the football field towards me. *whistle* He stops and looks at me for a little longer before turning around and running back towards the coach and the team"

##Flashback over##

"I guess I was hoping for something to happen, that would make things different....and then it did. He as running to catch the football flying his way. He never saw the opposing player coming at him. He hit the ground with such force...." I wipe away a few tears. "He...he got up, took off his helmet and looked around before his eyes rested on me. You could see the blood coming out of his ears and running down his chest staining the white football jersey. I swear i could hear his heartbeat. And then....he just dropped....dead with his eyes open staring up at the sky.... the last thing he saw.

"There's a place in the heart, and if your hit it hard enough, at just the right spot, it stops beating.

I knew even before I saw him, he was gone.

And I went under the bleachers to cry, because i didn't want anyone to see me.

I just couldn't believe that he was gone.

I couldn't get that look on his face out of my head.

And then I realised I would never know what he wanted to tell me.

I mean, was he gonna be honest? Was he gonna lie?......Was he breaking up with me?

I thought he loved me, I mean i thought I was the one." Tears rolling down my cheeks now...heartache to deep to comprehend.

"Hey, hey now..... what do you want?" Cass says while rubbing my back.

I just wanna know if he's out there, and if he really loved me.

And if he didn't I wanna know what I did wrong."