-THE MISSING GIRL-

"Sofia! your food is getting cold!" yelled Mrs. Davis from the kitchen.

Sofia raced down the stairs grabbed a toast and shoved it in her mouth and dashed out of the house. 

"Bye mom!"

She started to fast walk so she wouldn't miss first period. As she entered the school compound she noticed that people were grouping around and whispering to each other, not that it was unusual, its just that class is about to start and usually by now everyone will be on their way to first period. Sofia approached her locker and grab all her books for class as her best friend, Mia came up to her.

"Hey, have you heard about it?"

"Heard about what?" Sofia asked curiously.

Mia chuckled,

 "You're telling me you haven't heard about it yet?"

Sofia remained silent with a confused and puzzled expression on her face. Mia's smile faded, and changed into a frown.

"You really don't know do you" 

Sofia shrugged half heartedly

"Uh well, yesterday, Emily Gray disappeared," she said softly

"And people are guessing that she committed suicide because of her recent break up. Jeff feels absolutely terrible, his been moping around and calling himself a murderer. I'm afraid he'll be the one committing suicide next." explained Mia worriedly.

"Wait, suicide?" Sofia trying to process everything at ones.

"Why would they think she committed suicide instead of running away? Have they even found her body?  Plus I just saw her yesterday, and she didn't look like she was gonna kill herself." blurted Sofia in one breath.

" She couldn't ran away, because her phone, her purse and everything is still in her room, and no, they haven't found her body. This stuff is crazy! Nothing like this has ever happened before, well not at Riverside of course"

RING!!!!! 

"Ahh Crap! I'm late, Mr. Gibson wanted to see me before class to talk about my  English report. Talk to you later."

Mia turned and ran through the halls leaving a speechless Sofia with a lot of unanswered questions.