Death Hunter 2: Back to the Beginning

Quick upload I know :) but i already had these two chapter done, so I figured I might as well post both :) Don't be expecting any uploads this fast considering my main priority is still my first story! Well, enjoy :D

___________________________________________

Chapter 2

"Quinn. Stop, okay? Just stop. You said so yourself. He said he would come, and I believe that." Ruby said to me as she turned to look at the brick wall out the window.

"Yeah...I'm sorry Ruby. I just want to see you happy." I said with my head down. Alas, I did lie to her. He wasn't coming for her, he was already gone.

What I saw on that day 2 years ago changed me. I was no longer the sulking ghost who cried at the thought of her death. I was a Death Hunter who wanted revenge on the world for all the victims of murder, including myself.

I went back again 2 years to that gloomy Tuesday afternoon in my mind. I was standing in the hall waiting for the elevator at the apartment indicated in the article. 3...2...1. The doors slowly slid open and I walked inside. 1...2...3. Ding! The doors opened again and I ran down the hall to room C45.

"Johnny, your girlfriend just commited suicide last week. You sure your ready for this?" I heard a girl's voice say through the thin walls to the apartment.

"I'm sure. Ruby would've wanted me too move on." He replied.

I burst through the door sending a wave of wind their way. I looked at the scene before me. There was Johnny. Black hair that was gelled back greaser style and big brown eyes any girl could love. Right beside him, in his arms in fact, was a petite blonde woman with a strip of hot pink hair. She held on to Johnny. Seeing this and realizing how much it would hurt my new friend Ruby set my emotions ablaze.

"Johnny... can you see what I see?" I heard the girl whimper.

I looked over at Johnny waiting for his reply that never came. He was too terrified to even speak. Can they see me now? I thought to myself. Might as well have fun with it. I thought to myself as I began walking towards them.

"Hi Johnny. I'm here on a little errand for a friend. I think you might know her. Ruby Vandeer." I said with obvious anger in my voice.

"She wants to know when your coming Johnny." I said as I got closer and closer.

"I-I'm not going anywhere!" Johnny found the courage to yell.

"Ruby, she was crazy! She wanted us to die, so we could be eternally together! I'm only 19 I have a life to live, I'm not giving it all up for Ruby. She chose to die, I didn't" Those were the last words he said before I took his life.

You don't go sign up to be a Death Hunter and it's not assigned to it. Your destined. Your destined to be a Death Hunter from the day your born..The day a destined ghost loses themselves to their emotions, is the day the Hunter within them emerges.

This moment was mine. This was the moment all hell broke lose. I walked up to him and was going to strangle him when I realized I had black, fiery orbs in my hands. After that, Hunter instinct took over. Before I knew it, Johnny was dead. His body was lay limp on the floor as his eyes rolled back into his head. There was blood spilling out of his mouth. I let his lover escape, she didn't murder Ruby. Ruby didn't kill Ruby. Johnny did. He let her believe they were going to be together forever. Literally. Since then, I realized love is just a big joke that's gonna stab you in the back. Or shoot your brains out. Or even rip your heart out.

Thinking back to this moment, I clutched the empty space where my heart used to be.

"Don't worry for me Quinn. He'll be here." Ruby said to me as she gave me a hug. I looked at our reflections in the window. I saw two young girls, oldest about 19, younger one about 17. The 19 year old was beautiful except for that bullet through her head. The 17 year old was hideous. She had black hair like the older, but hers was long with one strip of dark green hair that was tangled in many places. She had a huge gash through her right cheek that went through her face and lined her eyebrow. Her bright green eyes looked like they'd seen too much. She was wearing skinny jeans that were ripped in several places and a shirt that was ripped at the sleeves. Over this, she wore a dark green jacket that had a dried up puddle of blood over her heart. This was me. And that was Ruby. Two young girls with so much life left to live. Two young girls who died too young.

___________________________________________________________

sad huh? Well, I would love to hear what you guys think!

I could really use feedback from you guys!

leave a comment below telling me watcha thinking :)