Alone Yet Not Alone

It has been three weeks since I woke up. The hospital was starting to get annoying, boring, and sickly. All they fed me was mashed whatever, green jello, and canned peas. The food was bland, honestly, everything was bland. The only good part about being stuck in this forsaken place was the fact that the person who left the flowers still came. They would only come when I was asleep, and they would leave a cute little note too. Blake would come every day with food from McDonald's. It was his new job and the food tasted heavenly compared to the sick and gross hospital food.

When the nurses let me take a shower it was like heaven on earth. It was finally time for me to take off the robe that showed the one part I hate about myself. The feminine curves of my body were disgusting. I hated it with a passion. Some days I didn't though. Some days I would wear a skirt and be perfectly ok with it. But, that wasn't today, not at all. When the robe fell to the floor I gasped. Right next to every scar on my body was a tiny red heart. It was made with a red sharpie, pretty obvious because it was bleeding into the little crevices of my skin. I was severely confused on how they got there because nobody but the nurses were allowed to take off my robe to give me a towel bath. Why didn't they tell me that these tiny hearts are on my body?!?! I took a deep breath and stepped in the shower. When the warm water rushed over my body I felt a sense of calm. It felt amazing. I could've stayed in the warmth forever, but I remembered that it was lunchtime and Blake promised me that he was getting me a sandwich from Subway. I put on the clothes that Blake brought me and I bound my chest with my binder. The hoodie felt nice and comfortable with the cold air on constant it was like Jesus came back. 

"Yo! Jay! How do the clothes feel? I made sure to get you a hoodie that was a bit too big for you and a binder that would fit." His statement brought tears to my eyes. I was so glad that Blake cared about me this much. I gave him a big hug.

"Thank you, Blake, this means so much!" He chuckled and pet my head

"I also brought you a grilled cheese from Subway, made exactly the way you like it." I smiled wide and sat in the bed 

"Blake, You are legit the best person right now." Blake smiled wide 

"I know. Now eat your sandwich!"