Chapter 7: Join My Squad

Start from the beginning

"Afu! You're strong! Amazing! Weird! I will never meet anyone as strange as you! You're like an animal on the verge of extinction!"

Crack.

"How can you even exist with your magic!? I don't think I would be able to handle a single day of having different magic and starting from scratch! From the bottom of the barrel! Wow!"

Crack crack.

"Are you even human?!"

CRACK.

With a stony look on your face, you were silenced until being like a statue. Bits of stone fell from you.

Rill, who was trying to compliment you the whole time, ignorantly just insulted the one he wanted to butter up. "What do you think, [Name]-kun!? What's your answer?!"

".......... Hm."

"Hmm?"

"Hm."

You had resorted to the most basic functions of being human. Any form or skill you may have had in communication was gone.

"You broke her!" Finral cried.

The Captain of another squad, the Blue Rose, turned around. Charlotte, the beautiful lady, was trying to watch the examinees, but hearing that from someone had her looking.

"Eh!?" Rill rubbed his eyes, not understanding.

"Girl." Nozel stared at you, which was a very competitive and scary look. Was that blue fire behind him? Because it melted your rock encasing away, oddly enough. "I will pay you to join my squad and leave this foreigner's, effective immediately."

The participants below looked up in shock when there was an explosion where the Captains sat, coupled with loud arguing.

Someone jumped down and blended in with the crowd: a sweating [Name]. Since your robe was snatched by someone up there in the last few seconds, you only had to walk around a bit before getting a challenge from someone to fight.

From above, you could hear Fuegoleon shouting for them to stop fighting, along with a strong heatwave that also came from the orange-haired man.

"Do you want to go up now?" You asked the nondescript girl who challenged you; someone who probably didn't see your affiliation.

"No." She shook her head. "I want their full attention."

You shrugged. Chances are, it would take a while. You went to a meeting of theirs before; it was an absolute mess. And you were only there because of Marx, who asked you to come. Because if you were there, chances were that Julius wouldn't run off to see you, like he apparently did last time, leaving a room of captains as a result. It was the same as leaving a room of toddlers without supervision.

Needless to say, their fighting over you also happened back then. And it ended with them going outside to fight, and Julius doing absolutely nothing to discourage them.

All you did back then was have Julius fascinated with you as usual. So you just showed him how you could make darkness come from one hand, and light from the other. This got their attention, Fuegoleon made a polite offer, asked to see more, and it escaladed immediately.

"[Name]-KUUUUUNNNNN!" Rill shrieked from above.

"It's hot, can we get a bit away from them?" You pointed to the farthest end of the stadium, leading the girl away with guilty sweat beads on puffed out cheeks.

You heard footsteps running your way.

My imagination.

"[Name]!!!!!!!!" Asta shrieked.