Chapter 16 Add Nine Months

Start from the beginning

I could feel his eyes boring down on me, not the same lustful eyes that were focused on my arse, but pained eyes. Sympathetic eyes. Eyes that understood.

"I asked you a question at the ball, you never answered it. When? When was the last time then Hermione?"

"Before you?" I turned and was seated properly on the couch as he nodded. "How old is Hugo?" I pause closing my eyes to choke back tears that threatened to fall, "Add 9 months. That's the last time I was intimate with anybody."

He was next to me before I could even open my eyes, his arm around me comforting me. "I promise. Hermione I promise you I will never neglect you in any way. You won't even need to ask, and it will be yours. If you want to be loved, you will. If you want some time to be away - like me being an ass," I could see he is trying to get me to smile, "it's yours. Darling, you are my queen. I'm sorry your husband was too blind to see the miracle and beauty he had." Lovingly he held my hand, "Tonight love, it's going to be us. Just us. Forget the world outside. You need someone to just love you. I want to show you how much you are loved always." He leaned down and his kiss was soft, intimate, tender, gentle. It was intense, but not with heat but with a passion that comes with a deep love. It was the first time I've ever been kissed like that, and Melin, I hope it isn't the last.

Our lips lingered on each other for the longest time, but it probably was only seconds. I wanted more, but I knew it wouldn't be the same as the one we just shared. Every breath he took, I felt his nose slightly flare and the warmth of his breath. I felt his eyelashes against mine as they tempted to open.

My breath was nowhere near as steady as his. I know. I counted every one. I counted every beat of his heart as I felt it against mine. I wanted this - just us here in this moment - to last.

"We should," he said quieter than a whisper, "check on the kids." His lips ghosted over mine before his eyes opened and he stood up. "We don't need them getting any ideas." He kissed the crown of my head before leaving the room, but not before I saw him adjust himself in his pants due to the obvious bulge.

At least it wasn't only me.

I found my other shoe and carry them into the kitchen smirking still at the obvious physical reaction that Draco - my Draco - had.

It hurt to see him in pain, even though the injury wasn't physical and it was old. But the hurt, I know it well, was still lingering even with us it was still there.

I think we were meant to help each other heal.

He was watching the kids watch their movie of the week. "So what's on this week?" I ask sliding next to him as his arm pulls me tighter.

"He picked a horror flick. Something completely cheesy. She's really hasn't watched any of it other than whatever is reflected in his eyes. Most of the movie she seems to have her head buried in his shoulder."

"How much longer until she's asleep?"

"I give her 15 minutes. Care for some wine?"

"Yes, please."

"I've learned something, if you say please..." he teased as he grabbed a glass and filled it with Domaine des Aubuisières Cuvée de Perruches Vouvray. "And I've learned you know something about wines. Or you have a sommelier that does."

"Me. I find something I like and usually buy a case or two. Ron doesn't like wine. I like to find new ones from all over the world. I have a few wineries that I like in Australia, Chile, Argentina, California. One day, when I'm done as Minister, I want to visit them all."

He looked at me with a sense of appreciation as he handed me the slightly over filled glass. "So let me guess, you read up on the wines too?"

"No, you can read up on the types, the varietals but nothing is like taking that first sip and having the aroma tickle your nose," as I inhaled the pale liquid in the glass, "have the different flavors play on your tongue." I close my eyes as I let the liquid rest on my tongue. "It isn't something you can read about, it has to be experienced."