Chapter Thirty-One

The Davenport Diaries

Guess Who's Back by Maggie Rhodes

HELLO!

Yes, I am actually updating this website! I haven't abandoned it or you! I'm still here!

Here being London, not New York. Because, yes, my life has changed drastically.

But you already knew that.

Or, at least, you know some of it.

After the news about the prince and I broke, I honestly wasn't sure what to do. We hadn't planned to publicly announce our relationship for quite a while and were hoping we could keep it under wraps.

(Although, honestly, I'm not sure how good of a job we were doing with it. MANY of you, dear readers, guessed correctly about the two of us once I moved to London!)

But, when it all came out, the response was so fast and furious that I thought the best thing to do would be to lie low. Stay off the Internet. Definitely not Google myself.

But I've missed writing. I've missed interacting with you guys. I've missed...living my life.

So I'm back. And because my life has changed, that means this website is going to change as well. Instead of covering the younger Davenports the way I used to, I'm going to cover....well, myself. I'll turn the lens around and provide a behind-the-scenes look at my life these days.

That's right: you'll hear it all first-hand, from me.

And maybe every now and then I'll be able to have some special guest appearances. We'll just have to see how things go.

***
I don't really like to use the term "broke the Internet," but....my post kind of broke the Internet.

Not only did the site's comment section exploded nearly immediately, but Twitter went crazy, and, as Rosamund predicted, lots of royal reporters voiced their opposition to my blogging presence on their various social media accounts.

But I don't care. This is my life. Writing is what I do. For now, at least.

We'll figure out a happy medium with the traditional royal reporters and eventually a balance will be struck that everyone gets used to. In fact, I asked Rosamund to tip off a reporter and photographer about mine and Liam's dinner plans for tonight.

I feel happy and not completely anxious for the first time in weeks, my friends and family are proud of me (Oliver sent me more gifs of clapping drag queens than I knew existed), and all three of the younger Davenports have let me know that they approve of this plan.

Emilia is especially thrilled about the situation – and I think a bit jealous that she never had this kind of opportunity. Not that she could have it, though. If I were dating the prince who would one day be king, I'm positive that Rosamund would have quashed this idea completely and there'd be no talking her into it.

But Emilia has been having a hard time with the press lately. On the heels of the whole pregnancy thing, a reporter wrote a piece about how she doesn't do enough public events in the UK and that when she is at events, she does the bare minimum amount of participation. The tone of the piece was pretty vicious – especially when comparing her to other women in the royal family –and they actually called her "a burden on the British people" because they posited that she isn't worth the money taxpayers give to the Sovereign Fund to support her.

Kensington Palace didn't issue a response, but several charity events have been quietly added to Emilia's schedule for the next two months. And Liam mentioned that they were putting her through another media training course.