I Ain't Got You

TWELVE

Charley, Elwood, Judy and carrie hadarrived back in town shortly after that car chase debacle. They wentto judy and carrie's place, since carrie didnt want to go to thehospital. They decided that she looked like she would just need tosleep it off and have one hell of a hangover the following day. Afterthey put her to bed, they agreed amongst themselves that it couldhave been much worse. Fortunately there were some good people outthere who cared enough to help her out when she didnt look likesomeone who was functioning properly.

Charley had asked Elwood if he mindedspending the night on the couch. elwood said he didnt mind that, evenif he had to go to the bathroom, he'd have a hell of a time find hisway without bumping into any walls. Judy, did give him a basicrundown of the apartment in case he did need to go. it was veryhelpful of her and he didnt have much of a problem finding his wayaround.

The couch was comfortable enough, buthe didnt get a chance to do much sleeping, since it wasnt a familiarplace to him. he always had an issue sleeping somewhere the firstnight. anytime after that he'd be able to sleep like a baby. Even inprison too. But Im guessing the first night in prison would be quitean adjustment for anyone in that position.

another reason he couldnt sleep wasCharley and judy in another room having their own fun. Not that itwas so loud or even annoying, but he could hear it nonetheless. andafter that, you could sometimes hear them talking and laughing, whichwas quite nice, He was happy that his nephew seemed to have foundsomeone special and they did seem like a good match. He was stillconcerned about his bad habits though. The previous conversation onthe subject was met by some resistance and the talk never wasproperly concluded. They were going to need to have that talk againat some point.

the night had been long enough andelwood still couldnt sleep, so he decided to watch or...uh listen tosome tv. He tried feeling his way around the room to find a remote.He wasnt having much luck with that. During his search, Carrie hadwoken up and lumbered her way to the bathroom. Afterwards, she wentto the kitchen to get a glass of water. a few glasses of water. Shewas unaware that someone was in her living room. After pouringherself a glass, she heard a voice call out to her. It was elwood'sof course.

"Could you poor me a glass too,Please?"

This had startled Carrie to the pointwhere she was somewhat scared of who that was since she would have ahard time remembering any one named Elwood Blues. She still Pouredhim a glass nonetheless, since this person must be in there for areason. She did feel like crap at the moment and didnt remember much.But the sound of two voices coming from judy's room calmed her downto the point that she didnt feel immediately threatened.

She popped her head out of the kitchenand spied who it was sitting there. All she could see with the slightillumination coming from the kitchen was a badling man in asleeveless undershirt, and possibly wearing shades too?

"don't worry carrie, Im a friend."

carrie was puzzled, she saw some blackclothes on a chair near him, but still wasnt sure who this personwas, she spoke up, cautiously .

"Are you hungry? Can I get yousomething to eat?"