—|—|—|—

"Cora and Davina are both ok," Lexi states, though no one had asked. It had been two hours since Klaus and Derek had left. The witches had been working nonstop. The only break Lexi took was to read Cora's message about their whereabouts.

"Freya, Alexis, we are out of time," Elijah reminds them from where he paces.

"A sigil is a complicated magical symbol, weaponized and condensed to its most potent form," Freya explains, letting her piece of charcoal drop to the table filled with scattered papers. "If we combine the right elements, we'll have a chance at stopping Lucien."

"And if we don't..." Lexi trails off, her expression filled with worry. Before she can say anything else, loud knocks fill the compound.

The siblings exchange an alarmed look before they rush down to the entrance where Hayley is already running to the door. Cami stands there, her face pale. "What's wrong?" Hayley demands of the new vampire.

"It's Klaus and Derek," she says frantically. Lexi freezes in her spot, her muscles tensing as her mind assumes the worse. "Lucien has them."

"Freya, invite her in!" Hayley yells as the Mikaelson witch approaches.

"Yeah, come in. You're invited," Freya says, completely overwhelmed.

Cami nervously takes a step forward, her foot entering the compound. Once in, she rushes to the courtyard. Hayley glances around before she closes the door and meets the rest of the group.

The moment Hayley sees Lexi, she knows today will not end well. The blonde's face is tight with rage. Her hands are curled into fists. Blood seeps through her knuckles. "What happened?" Lexi demands of the newbie vampire.

"Lucien ambushed them," Cami explains breathlessly. "He knocked them both around like it was nothing."

"Did Lucien bite Klaus?" Hayley asks, trying to hide her concern. He is the father of her child, after all.

Cami shakes her head, "No. I think he wanted him alive. Both of them," she adds, glancing at Lexi who has yet to move. "I followed them. Lucien took them back to the penthouse.

Elijah's phone dings, drawing everyone's attention. He takes one look at the message and scowls. "Lucien is demanding my presence at the Whiskey Cask—alone and immediately. He says if I delay, Niklaus will die."

—|—|—|—

Lexi walks ahead as Hayley and Cami trail behind her. Hayley recognizes the look of pure determination on the blonde's face. Nothing is going to stop Lexi from getting Derek and damned be the person who tries to intervene.

Cami leans over nervously, asking, "Is she ok?"

Hayley sighs, "The love of her life is in danger. She won't be ok until he's ok."

"Well, we have a slight problem," Cami admits, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk. Hayley pauses as well, calling after Lexi.

The Original spins around, annoyance written across her features. "We have idiots to rescue," Lexi reminds them.

"I haven't been invited into Lucien's penthouse," Cami voices, her hands fidgeting.

"So, you can wave your dark objects in the foyer, and we'll do all the dirty work." Lexi rolls her eyes, anxious to keep going.

The look of complete and total fear on Cami's face makes both wolves pause. That's when it sets in for Lexi.

Cami had been compelled by Aurora to slit her own throat. Cami's life had been turned upside down because of the insane vampire. They all know that Lucien had broken the redhead out of her prison the moment he got back to town. Who else would be holding Klaus while Lucien dealt with Elijah?

"Are you up for this?" Hayley asks gently.

"What if I'm a liability?" Cami sighs. "I've been training, so I can punch a bag, but in a real fight?"

"Camille, here's the thing about being afraid," Lexi says, her voice soft and gentle as if she were afraid of scaring Cami. "If you have to do the thing you're afraid of, then all this fear is for nothing. Either turn it into anger or leave it at the door. But, either way, you control your emotions, which means you're already one step ahead of bloody Aurora."

Cami nods, her body relaxing. Then, her eyes find the pharmacy. A smile forms on her face. "I have an idea."

I'm sorry for the choppiness... Hope you enjoyed!