sᴛʀɪᴄᴛʟʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ | 18: ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴜᴛᴇʀ ɪssᴜᴇs

Start from the beginning

He sighed and whispered "lazy" purposely loud enough for me to hear. I just ignored it and started on dinner.

I put the macaroni in a pot to boil while I got started on frying the bacon. If you've never tried bacon mac and cheese...you're missing out on life. Unless you're a vegetarian, which you're also missing out on life. kidding.

Once all the bacon was cut up into smaller pieces I got my small frying pan, cleaned it real quick, then poured some oil into it and placed it on the stove. I hate the process of making bacon—or anything that has to do with frying—because the oil starts to pop and hit your skin which hurts like a bitch, but the result makes it worth it.

"Tahj...you downloaded anything on your laptop recently. or before it started acting up?" Emerson asked

"nah, same shit has been on it since"

"hmm that's weird"

I went back to frying and stirring the food at the same time. Not only do I hate the process of cooking, but I also hate how long it takes. What ever nigga I end up with better be able to throw down in the kitchen 'cos I'm not cooking. I'm glad my mom kept to herself when I was growing up, because that meant that during Thanksgiving we didn't have to make a whole feast for a family we don't like. We actually never even had turkey for Thanksgiving because it's so big and it was only the two of us, so we'd have chicken instead. I don't like turkey anyways, it's too dry.

"Tahj pull up" Emerson said

What now?

I lowered the stove on both the frying pan and the pot then made my way to the living room.

"this ever happen to you before?"

He turned the screen to me which was completely black with green letters running all over the screen.

I grabbed the laptop from him and tried turning it off

I grabbed the laptop from him and tried turning it off. While reaching for the power button my palm accidentally hit the space button then all of a sudden the screen went black.

"what the fuck?"

I pressed on the power button but nothing was happening. Did I just break the computer...even more? I groaned then handed the laptop back to Emerson in hopes that he could fix it.

As I turned around to go back to the kitchen the door bell rang.

"what now?" I rolled my eyes as I walked over to the door

I looked through the peep hole to see a light skinned guy who I'd never seen before standing at my door. I tied my robe before opening the door.

"Hi" He said with a half smile

I stared at him and was about to ask what he wanted but then he spoke up.

"oh yeah, sorry. uh I just moved in next door, the name's Taye. I haven't gotten a chance to get my WiFi setup yet so I was wondering if I could use yours, only for today till I get mine tomorrow"