---

December 2040
────────────

He shivers, the cold of the winter nips at his skin as the Christmas night grow closer. Sighing, his little sister will definitely scold him again for lingering in the streets that has never knew his name.

The hat by his feet has caught a few coins from thoughtful passers-by. It should be enough to buy his sister a small present, she will be very surprised.

He smiles to himself, excited at the idea. Then slowly closes his eyes and opens his chilled lips.

Singing in front of hundreds of unfamiliar faces is his way of sharing the world inside him. A world where there's a missing piece. Like a lost note of a song.

"Snowflakes fall down
And get away.

Little by little.

I miss you.

How long do
I have to wait?

I miss-"

Suddenly, a magical and piercing quivers of a violin mixes with the tune of his voice. Which causes him to pause his song and turn to his side.

"Keep singing," the owner of the instrument urges with a small smile, and he immediately falls into her twinkling grey eyes.

It hurts.

His heart aches and he feels like crying... Why?

In the single moment they've just met, his whole being is touched by an unexplainable agony.

This sweet stranger is a familiar someone, but he is sure he's never met her in his life.

Yet she somehow completes him.

"Uhm... Are you crying?" she steps closer to him, the pain gets worse. He is bleeding from an invisible wound.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know why-"

"Your song... Felt like it called me," she says.

A tear rolls down her cheek and she blinks them away a few times but it just won't stop. No one knows where their tears come from.

Few people stares at them with wonder. The two laugh and grin at each other, wiping off the strange woes in their eyes.

"Let's not keep them waiting."

Love is in her smile while she places the violin under her chin, her bow drawing over the strings. A ballad hops from her play.

He starts singing once more, his voice belongs with the beauty of the sounds she makes.

More spectators start to gather round, stopping to lend their ears. Charmed by the music despite the snow gathering on their shoulders.

And as the melodies flow, he ties a new promise to his heart. To keep on singing... With her- the missing piece he has found.

The smile on his face doesn't fade.

An old promise is fulfilled.

T
R
U
E

E
N
D