F O R T Y - O N E

A boy with unshed tears in his eyes meets Jungkook as soon as he arrives at the hospital.

He is Noona's younger brother. His voice has tremors while explaining he's supposed to take Jungkook for dinner in her place, "S-She won't be in her room for the next few hours. So let's go." He flashes a toothy smile.

But the sadness is too visible to hide.

Jungkook wonders if she's in surgery and the boy nods his head slowly, believing the procedure will be successful and there won't be anything to worry about.

The unsettling whispers of the wind are the only sounds heard, as if it's telling something.

Small hands become unsteady fists, the kid seems mature for his age. Keeping a strong mask like that.

However, he is still just a child worried for his sister. Too young to experience the weight of agony on his shoulders.

Jungkook can only place a caring hand on the boy's head.

And can he really eat with Noona on a hospital table?

He finally rejects the offer.

He will wait. As he always does.

Soft chills suddenly melt on their cheeks. They look up at the endless canvas of the night sky, stars twinkling like tiny gems and the quiet hangs.

Snow starts to gently fall on and on.