"Dad-" I began.
"Not now, Y/n," Dad responded, he sounded completely tired of the conversation, even though he had said only a few words.

"Dad, pull over-"

"Y/n!"

"Sorry!"

Mom groaned in annoyance, "Why are you so stubborn?" She growled.
Dad rolled his eyes, "Y'all can wait until we get to the station," he said in a low voice.

Mom shook her head, she swiftly landed a harsh slap on my dads arm.
"Hey!" Dad snapped, turning his attention to my mother.

My eyes shot towards the road ahead, it only felt natural to do now that my dads attention had been pulled away from driving.

"Dad!-" I blurted.
Caleb began to whine.

"Shut your mouth, Y/n!" Dad shouted, before grabbing moms wrist.
"Get off of me!" She blurted before lowering herself into her seat, which felt like it had taken ages to do.
Caleb began to cry.

"No, Dad!-" I frantically unbuckled my seat belt before throwing myself forward, my body caught on top of my parents arms. "Y/n!" They both screamed in unison.
Caleb began to scream.
I gripped the steering wheel the best I could, and twisted the wheel to the side.

But not soon enough.

It felt as if time had slowed.
I could feel the metal walls of the car slamming against my body.
I screamed, and I could hear the screams and cries if my family as well.
But every sound I heard seemed so muffled.

I could feel the glass shards of our windows smacking against my skin, some even managing to shoot into my flesh and draw warm blood from my body.

Blood flew into the car and soaked our bodies, the blood from the large Cow we had just hit.

The roof of the car began to collide with the floor of the car, almost compressing as it rammed into the cement road.

Everything was a darkness.

----------------------------------------------

My eyes slowly fluttered open.
My body felt uncomfortable.
I could feel one of my knees against my throat, I let out a pained groan as I shifted my head to see my body.
My left leg was pressed against my body, while my right leg lay underneath a piece of large metal that had broken off of the car somewhere.

My eyes widened when I realized a dark red goo was seeping out from my leg that lay hidden beneath the metal.
"O-oh god..." I groaned.

I lifted my trembling hands and pressed them against the metal that sat just a foot above my face.
I used what strength I had to push the metal away from me.

I cried out in pain when the sharp pain of glass in my arm finally kicked in.
I held my eyes shut and continued to push at the metal above me.

With a loud crash the metal slid away from me and slammed onto the road beside me.

I shook my head slowly before directing my attention to my leg.
"Oh-Oh my God..." I mumbled, before forcing myself to sit up.
I placed a shaky hand against my thigh, the metal dug into the skin just above my knee cap.

I threw my hand against the heavy material and attempted to slowly lift it from my leg.
I cried out in agonizing pain when I felt the air of the outside world hit my open wounded leg.
I weakly tossed the metal to the side and examined my leg.

A large gash coated just above my knee.
Now that I had removed the metal from my flesh, blood began to flood out of the wound, it coated the flooring I rested upon.

I breathed in and out, attempting to stay calm.
"Momma?" I called desperately.

No response.

"D-dad?" I began to cough, the smell of gas began to envelop my nostrils.
I gagged before looking around.
"Caleb?!" I shouted.

I waited for any sort of sound that sounded human.

"Eh-"

My eyes widened, I carefully moved across the flooring I was on to see a small hand poking out from beneath a hunk of metal.
My little brother just beyond it.

"Caleb!" I cried.
My trembling hands digging into the metal and pulling it upwards, I pulled it towards me before throwing it weakly out of the car and onto the road.
I turned back to see Caleb sprawled along the car ground, a large cut spread across his forehead, and a bloodied injury on his hand where the metal had trapped him.

I gasped at the sight and pulled him close to me, "Caleb!-" I pleaded.
"Oh- B-Be okay!..." I whined.
He slowly lifted his bloody hand to weakly pat my shoulder.
"Muuuh..." He coughed.

I pursed my lips together before pushing myself to the side, "Cl-Climb out, C-Caleb..." I whispered.
He placed his small hands against the glass shard covered floor of the car, and crawled from the nearest opening.

I followed close behind.
Once both of us felt the warm touch of the road we collapsed, I closed my eyes and rested my head against the concrete road. Caleb curled into a small, trembling ball of fear and pain.
"Ow, ow," he whined out loud.

I forced my eyes open, I stared at Caleb for a moment before directing my attention to the car.
The sight was simply horrific.

Blood covered the vehicle, windows were smashed open, doors were missing, paint was scraped off.

I crawled towards the car to get a closer look at the front seat.
"M-Momma?..." I choked out.
"Dad?..." I added.

They were nowhere to be seen inside of the damaged Van before me.

I let out a cry of helplessness before tossing my hands against the warm metal, I slowly hoisted myself upward.
I turned to face Caleb before limping towards him.
I cringed at the horrible pain that shot through my body.

I lowered myself to help my mentally impaired brother to his feet.
He let out a weak whine and clung onto me for dear life, I couldn't help but to cry.

We were completely alone.
Two children left behind.

What were we supposed to do?

I bit my bottom lip in an attempt to stop the tears from rolling down my dirt covered cheeks.
I took slow steps forward, carefully pulling Caleb with me.

"C-Come on, Caleb..."

"We n-n-need to f-find help..."