the giver

• Dedicated to molly

2012

i closed my eyes to think about what i just heard. i cant believe. how could this happen! why?. how can people be so sick and heartless. As i stared into my sisters empty room i fell the door to my heart slammed. i knew that she wasnt going to disapear with out one trace. i could not let her get farther away everyday! i knew this this this and this, but most of all i knew i had a minimum of 2 days or i wouldnt find her. There is no more time to waste.

I AM VANESSA RAY, and i will find her and her kidnapper. no matter what i had to do, i would get her.

it is now 1 in the morning. i left a note to my mother stating that i was going to a friends for the weekend. i went back to my room and changed into a black t-shirt that has DIE on it. also i wore a jacket,w/ my black skinny jeans. because i know they stole her in the night, i knew they could easily identify me and my family. so i simply died my hair a target red. i left the house and went into my car. I had no room in my heart for simpothy , because aparently the kidnapper of a six year old girl didnt have or deserved it! all that i had room for and thought of was death. i knew it was sure to come, no doubt in my mind. i packed a couple of clean clothing for my sister and i. i got out of my car that i parked behind an old warn out warehouse. i knew that the stupidess people were here. i looked at charlie and said " i need an  .22 magnum mini revolver . they looked at me and laughed. " that peice of crap"! that aint going to do the job. having no fear at all i said"how do you know the job"?!!!! "anyways i know how to finish the job!. charlie handed me the gun and smacked me across the face. then i realized why i called them stupid and let one shot off. the rest of the people that were there put their hands up and i left. i then drove up to 1707 maple street. their isnt that many people who live in the small town of oregon. i knowcked on the door and alex revira stepped out. he let out a holler and said why in the name of god are you out at 3 in the morning.

i explained the story and told him where i was going. i told him to cover for me. he said no, this is a job for me too. "anyways you are only seventeen"," what you are only a year older"!

"exactly" alex stated. i gave a gasped then realized, this is going to be a long two days! god give me strength.before we left i told him to get an extra set of cloths and a tux. i didnt want any questions. and handed him a gun. Alex then realized how serious i was. i had 3 more because i stole some.

i knew that i needed one more girl. so i got one of my best friends molly. she is cold blooded. alex is just a person to follow the lead(backup). after i explaned i handed her a gun also. we went to get something to eat and i overheared a man say"the girl is at 7071 trees. i told molly and alex to hurry up. the men went in to a huge mansion! it was clearly black tie. after watching all the movies i knew to bring a dress and tux. that realy helped. molly and i wore our marvelous dresses and alex wore a tux.

when we walked in saw a women that said she loved her mansion. i told alex to talk her up and ask her questions.me and molly were drinking at the puch , when we looked around, all of the people were speaking polish! their was only the men at the restraunt , the woman and one man. i yelled at alex and told him to get over hear now. i asked him who slept at his house tonight."My mom, sister and 2 brother"." where was your dad" "he said he had unfinished buisness and he wasnt going to be back until monday" i asked alex if that man over their was his father. he said yes. i knew these people had her. i could feel it in my bones.

"thats all i remember i swear""I dont believe you"! " but it 100%true, please". "shut up you are lucky i dont shoot you!

"would you still like us to meet you at 7071 trees"

"yes"

"WHO WAS THAT"!

"shut up vanessa".

"BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG".

I went after her and molly and alex followed. i heared molly screach. i didnt turn around. i kept running. i didnt hear anyone behind me! frightened i slowly turned. i saw alex clenching molly's throat. i cried " ALEX, STOP ,WHAT ARE YOU DOING"!!!!!!!!!!!! molly fell on the floor." I'M SORRY VANESSA, FAMILY SECRETS ARE FAMILY SECRETS, NOT RAY'S"!

"thats all i remember i swear""I dont believe you"! " but it 100%true, please". "shut up you are lucky i dont shoot you!

"would you still like us to meet you at 7071 trees"

"yes"

"WHO WAS THAT"!

"shut up vanessa".

"BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG".

 "molly are you there" i whispered. "yes" "are you ok, where are you"" i am in a closet, tied up" "one second i will find you". i opened every single closet. there was molly in the one that said private. mooly was telling me how she woke up in here. i asked her how she answered her phone. she said she was laying on it. i untied her. to be safe we left and slept in a smaller lighter closet.

we woke up at the same time.i looked in a mirror and my face was bruised. molly's was pale, from when she got choked. i felt so bad. we left the closet and i heard a cry . we thought that it might be addy, my sister. we opened the door and it was a toddler, about 2 years old. he was in a tattoo room. i was checking to see if they gave him one. he had the #2276 on his arm. i was thinking i knew that that must be the # of kids stolen. we grabbed him, we ran to the car. someone had spray painted, catch me if you can 7071 trees. i then thought about it and knew. i k ew where addy was. 1707 maple street.

7071 backwards is 1707. tree/ maple. i stopped by my house. my mom said hi like nothing happened(because she didnt know). i told her the little boy was mollys brother. i went back down stairs and told my mom i had to go to alex's for a project that was also with molly. she said fine and we left. mom hasent been caring for anyone when addy went missing. when we arrived at alex's i knew they did it, all i had to do was shoot and get the job done. i walked in and alex screamed plz! i said" IM SORRY ALEX, FAMILY SECRETS ARE FAMILY SECRETS, NOT RIVIRA'S"!  i shot.

 i turned and looked at his father. shes down stairs, thats all i know seriously!

SHUT UP !.

2013

i am now 18. i called the police and they got all the involved kids, safely to their families. some have been gone for years! i moved out. my sister addy still lives with my mom. me and molly are roomates. and i adopted the little 2year old boy. i named him ryder. molly and i decided.

MY LIFE IS BACK TO NORMAL, IF NOT BETTER.

THE END