Food

"Khanna industrues are throwing a party tomorrow! We just received an invite for the same! What should I reply to them?"

"I'll be there!"

"Okay mam. I'll let them know!" And with that, Alina left my cabin. 

I completed my leftover work and left my cabin. I was about to leave the building when I saw Neil standing near Alina's desk, murmuring something to her. Usually, I don't evasdrop but this time I felt like listening to what was he upto now!

"I heard you aren't going to the party tonight!"

"You heard it right. I'm not!"

"Can I ask why?"

"I'd rather put myself in my bed and read a book than going to a party only to see a fool following me everywhere I go!" She replied with her sweetest smile and I laughed. She was a savage, I must say. But I never thought of her to be this blunt. Something is bothering her for sure!

"Are you talking about me?"

"No, the guy over there in a black jacket!" She replied pointing towards the mirror. Neil turned his head towards the mirror and the expression he had on his face was speechless. I couldn't control anymore and burst out laughing.

"Evasdropping, huh?" Neil said walking into my direction.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't help it. But she is being really hard!"

"You saw that too right? She is being really hard. I don't know why can't she just talk to me nicely for once!"

"Instead of trying your lame pickup lines on her, try finding out why is she being so stubborn! Maybe that will help you to reach upto her easily!"

"I guess you are right!"

"Do you want me to talk to her?"

"Nah! I can do that. It's not that difficult!"

"Yeah, I can see that!" I laughed again and left the building.

I reached home to find Malak sitting in the porch. Usually, at this time, she is busy in kitchen!

"You are back! Please come in with me!"

"What happened? Is everything alright?"

"See yourself!" She dragged me inside and I found a man in my kitchen. The delicious aroma of the dishes in the kitchen filled my nostrils as I saw him moving swiftly from one cabin to another with his back towards me. It took me less than a minute to realise that he was none other than Karan. Only he had the audacity to enter my house and do such thing!

"What are you doing?"

"I'm dancing!"

"Excuse me?"

"What do you do in kitchen?"

"You could have answered me directly and nicely!"

"You could have asked a more sensible question!"

"Stop being so irritating!"

"Stop being so rude!"

And he made me speechless again. I heard Malak laugh silently behind me as I saw Karan smiling widely from ear to ear.

"Who gave you the permission to enter in?"

'I just wanted to cook for you!"

"But you can't just come in!"

"It's my wife's home!"

"It's not your wife!"

"You would be... very soon!"

He said and left the kitchen with two plates in his hands without waiting for my answer.I followed him to see him arranging the table.

"Will you please now go and change? The food isnot going to be warm forever!"

"You can't just order me in my own house!"

"Dear Naina! Will you pleaseee change your clothes and freshen up yourself so we can have dinner?" He joining his hand in front of his chest and giving me his deadliest smile.

I went upstairs and changed my clothes. Then I marched downstairs only to see Karan and Malak sitting on the table laughing loudly over something he said to her.

This was the thing I always like about him. No matter what is the situation. He always charm people by his talks and making friends for him is an easy talk. I saw how Malak was completely lost in his talks and enjoying herself whereas with me, I see her smile rarely.

"Naina, this young guy is hilarious. And cute too! You too would look great together!" Malak whispered in my ear and went into the kitchen.

"Ladies just can't ignore me, you see!" He smirked and pulled out a chair for me.

I rolled my eyes and sat down for dinner.

The food Karan had cooked was utterly delicious. I couldn't resist myself from eating each and everything what was on the plate.

"You liked it?"

"I loved it!" I said with my mouth still stuffed with food.

"I'm glad. I can cook for you everyday!"

I stopped for a while and just looked at him. I gulped whatever there was in my mouth down my throat and stared at him blankly. He gave me a smile and held my hand in his own.

"Please Naina, you and I both know that I do make you happy! Then why are you stopping yourself?"

Something clicked in my mind and I pulled my hand away.

"I can't be with a married man. I'm sorry!"

"You are not going to say that again! I will make sure of that!"

And with that, he left.

******************

Good morning guysssssss! A quick update... why? Because it's sunday!!!!!!

Will be uploading next chapter in the evening.

Any guesses what Karan is going to do now?

I'm sure, it must be something big!

Vote,comment and share and tell me how was this chapter?
Thankyou :)