Chapter four.

Walking through the woods I make a mental checklist. Checklists are always good to use.

1. Get a new dress. My dress is small and is very revealing.

2. Get a house, if you are taken by humans you cannot join the sprite world again.

3. Grow a garden and make the house unseen.

4. Go back to the willow tree and see if my soulmate is still there. I wonder where he is...

Well, now that I have the most basic plan to follow, I might as well get too it. I think the dress bit may take a bit longer so I might as well start on a house. I keep walking for several hours stopping for water and early apples I found. I walk until I see a cute grassy island in the middle of a wide clear river. Seems pretty picture perfect with the cat tails by the edge and logs and mud by the banks. But the mud is in the way of getting to the island, and I will not wade through that leech infested spot.

I crouch down to the soil and channel some ivy to grow and weave into a bridge. It takes the wind out of me when I do something that hard but now I have a way to get across the river. I walk over and decide to start on building a hut or a hovel or something. I gather sticks for a few hours and manage to make a lean too against a fallen log. I might as well sleep here for a night so I can grow some better walls and a roof for tomorrow.