"So, Sirius seems to have taken a liking to you since the end of the year..." Lily trailed off, shooting her friend an inquisitive glance.

"Shut up, he's just being nice."

"So just being nice is practically keeping you glued to his side all night? Dancing with you for two hours straight is being nice? Puppy dog eyes are just being nice?"

"That doesn't even make sense."

"It does to me, and thats all that matters."

Belle rolled her eyes. As much as she'd like to know that Sirius liked her back, she knew she was plainly not his type. He went for the outgoing and courageous types, both of which Belle was not. She sometimes wonders how she got put into Gryffindor, considering her amount of bravery could be measured in her pinkie finger.

"What about you? See any cuties around here?" Belle asked, watching as Lily's face flamed. "Oooooh, who is it? Do I know them?"

"Maybe—possibly." She stuttered, avoiding Belle's eyes.

"Who then? Did you two dance?"

"We danced for a while, I guess. He's nice, a perfect gentleman."

"So I rule out James and Peter then."

Lily snorted, covering her face with her hand.

"Definitely, I wouldn't give Potter a second glance if he asked me to dance—I'd laugh!" The red-head exclaimed, lurching from her seat and moving to the drinks table. Belle followed her, not at all accepting that Lily hadn't revealed who it was yet.

"Evans, you will tell me who it is now, or I'm going to start babbling."

"Babbling? Is that supposed to be a threat?"

"Yes, considering you hate when I babble."

Lily rolled her eyes, "You're ridiculous, Belle."

"I wonder if they're going to play any of that new band tonight? What is it again—oh! The Weird Sisters, of course, I swear they might not be popular now, but they will be in ten years! Our kids will probably like them too, and then we'll say to them that they were the outcasts when we were kids and they won't believe us because the music was so good! Then I'll tell my kids I always liked them and then they'll stop liking them because it's uncool to like the same music your mum likes, isn't it? But when it's just me and the kids, we'll all scream the lyrics at home because that's the type of family we are, you know? Speaking of kids, I want to have two. I don't care what the genders are, I just know I want two. I don't want to put any child through being an only child ever again, it gets quite lonely at home and you never have any person to bag on your parents about, it's awful. I don't want three because that's too much—"

"BY GOD'S SAKES BELLE, PLEASE BE QUIET!" Lily spat at Belle, her face red from annoyance. "It was Remus."

Belle's mouth fell open. Remus caught Lily's eye? He was her best friend, the one she had always confided in and supported, the one who always had her back. She had known Remus would be popular with the student population, he was a handsome boy, but she never thought it be Lily to fall for him. In her mind Lily and James was always endgame, but now?

"Remus? You like Remus?"

"I don't know, alright? We danced and laughed and it was nice and I'm conflicted." She rushed, looking at Belle with eyes she couldn't identify.

"Why do you sound so guilty?"

"What?"

"Lily, you sound guilty, like you've done something wrong."

"I just thought that you'd be mad at me because you and Remus are so close..."

"Lily, he's not my property. Sure, I'm protective over him but you are the first person I would choose for Remus!"

Is she?

Lily's face visibly softened, but she was still board-stiff. "Really?"

"Absolutely. You guys go great together!"

Do they?

"Thank's Belle, I really appreciate it." The two girls wrapped their arms around each other, both of their minds racing with different thoughts.

"Appreciate what?" James blurted, followed by Sirius who shot a wink at Belle. She blushed, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Stop being nosy, Potter."

"Stop being secretive, Evans."

"Why can't you stop being annoying for one night?"

"Why can't you stop being stuck-up for one night?"

Lily stormed away, letting out a frustrated groan. Belle and Sirius watched at James tried to follow her, but was forced to stop once Lily entered the bathroom. After a quiet moment, Srius turned towards her with a gleam in his eye. 

"Want some fresh air?" Sirius asked, motioning to the porch outside. Belle smiled thankfully and nodded, gripping his arm as he guided them through the crowd.

How naive she was then. Maybe if she hadn't accepted his request that night, maybe if she hadn't thrown the party at all, maybe if she'd just been more careful about her choices, then everything would've worked out in the end. If only she had known.

A/N: I'm back!!

So for all of you that didn't read the 'IMPORTANT' note, I was really busy for these past three weeks, but now I have a week off until I'm busy again and I plan to try and write as much as possible! I also have a 10 hour plane ride that I will probably fill with writing this or doing homework soooo that too. What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter???

Okay, a few things:

1) WE REACHED 4.5 K VIEWS HOLY

2) WE REACHED 50,000 WORDS THIS IS THE LONGEST THING I'VE EVER WRITTEN IM PROUD OF MYSELF FOR NOT GIVING UP AT 2,000

3)I JUST STARTED WATCHING AMERICAN HORROR STORY AND SEASON 1 WAS AMAZING

4)I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT IN WORDS 

kay, thats all :)

-Hannah