Reprobate this Romance

Reprobrate This Romance

Chapter 1

"Jocelyn, baby please understand me," My girlfriend, no ex-girlfriend pleaded. "It was a mistake, honestly." 

I shook my head and stepped back. "No Victoria, you've done this before," 

Victoria took a step towards me and placed a hand on my arm. I slapped it away. "Don't touch me," I snapped.

Hurt flashed across her angelic features, quickly replaced by anger. "You'll regret this Jocie," she snapped.

"Don't call me that!" I screamed. "It's Jocelyn to you," 

I looked over at her bed and flinched when I saw the blonde haired bimbo sitting up, the sheets wrapped around her chest. "Good day to you then," I did a curtsy and left the room.

Victoria had cheated on me numerous times before. And every time I took her back and accepted her weak apologies. But not this time. This time I stood up to her and dumped her pretty ass. A grin formed its way onto my face as I remembered the look on her face when I walked in on her and the pretty, yet slutty, blonde girl. 

"See you later, Jocelyn," the doorman said, smiling. I smiled back politely. I sure was going to miss that man. Every time I walked into Victoria's apartment building, Steve I think his name is, would always say hi and we'd have a nice chat. 

I hugged myself as the winter air whipped at my face. "Gee it's cold," I muttered to myself as I started to walk towards the local café. I usually go there around this time of day. Plus it was freakishly cold.

The door dinged as I walked through. I looked around and saw that there were hardly any people here. Which makes sense - who would go out in this weather anyway?

"Hi there, welcome to Victoria's Café! What could I get you?" The pretty girl at the counter asked as I approached. She had light brown hair and nice, big brown eyes. My stomach did a flip at the mention of Victoria. I should have remembered the café's name!

"Just a vanilla coffee please," I said and took out a five dollar note. The girl pressed a few buttons and looked back up at me, smiling. 

"That'll be $2.50 thank you," she said and held out her hand for me to place the money in.

"There you go," I said and placed the note in her hand, my fingers grazing her skin lightly. My fingers tingled as our skin touched. I gasped quietly and then blushed at the sudden gasp. 

"Sorry," I mumbled and looked at the counter. 

She just laughed and handed me the change. "No problem. Your coffee will be ready in a few minutes," 

God she had a killer smile. At first glance you just immediately smiled along with her. It was one of those smiles. "Okay," 

I walked over to one of the booth's by the window and sat down with a sigh. What's wrong with me? No, what's wrong with today? First I wake up to find my goldfish dead. Then I walk over to Victoria's house to celebrate her birthday - which was yesterday. And now I'm crushing on the girl at the counter!

I shook my head. "Jocelyn, you're one messed up girl," I mumbled. 

"You know, talking to yourself is a sign that you're going mad," a voice said from beside me.

I jumped and looked up at the girl. Yet another good looking girl. I inwardly groaned. "Are you okay?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Not really, no," 

The girl smiled sadly and gestured to the seat across from me. "May I?" 

I nodded. "Sure,"

She smiled and slid into the booth. "So tell me Jocelyn, what's got you so down?"

"Well," I began. "My goldfish died this morning," I tried my hardest not to tear up. Jules and I had been buddies. But his time was up. "And to make things even more worse, my girlfriend cheated on me - again," 

"Again?" The girl asked, her eyes wide. Her wonderful brown eyes covered behind big, thick black lenses. 

I found myself staring at my reflection. I cleared my throat. "Yeah, again," 

The girl reached over and held my hand. I didn't get the same reaction from the girl at the counter, but her hands were warm and smooth. 

"I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm Dahlia by the way," she smiled.

I smiled too. Her smile was like the girl at the counter's. It was contagious. "Nice to meet you," I said.

"Hey Dahlia," someone said. I turned around and saw the girl from the counter. She held my coffee in her left hand.

"Hey babe," Dahlia said, getting up from the booth and walking over to the girl.

The girl smiled and planted a kiss on her cheek. My heart sunk into the pits of my stomach. I felt... jealous. I wanted to be the one who the girl kissed. And I also wanted to kiss Dahlia. 

I gulped and stood up also. "I should be going," I said. 

Both girls looked at me. "Aw, well I work here almost every day, so just drop by," the girl from the counter said.

I smiled and nodded. She handed me my coffee and headed back to the counter. 

"Bye, Dahlia," I said. 

Dahlia hugged me and kissed my cheek - in a friendly way. Unfortunately. "I hope you feel better soon," she smiled sadly. 

I nodded and left the café without saying another word. When I was outside, I regretted it. It was still freezing! I sipped my coffee and loved the way it warmed me up. I just needed to save it until I reached home.

And home is five blocks away.

Without meaning to, I sculled the rest of the coffee. It was just so good that I needed to drink it all. 

I crossed my arms and rubbed them up and down trying to warm myself from the cold from the early winter air. I instantly regretted not saving the coffee as I crossed the street from the café. Winter isn’t my favorite season. The entire cold weather whipping at you non-stop all season. I’d prefer the summer any day.

The walk home was brutal, not just because I was stupid enough not to bring a jacket, but because I wanted to kiss Dahlia. I wanted her to hold me close and tell me I was worth her time. All I could think of is her dark brown eyes covered with those big black glasses. She looked so different than other girls I’ve ever dated. I guess that’s because I have really bad taste in girlfriends. Cheap, cheating whores.

Then the girl behind the counter wandered through my mind. Her long light brown hair that feel carelessly around her shoulder and sparkling blue eyes. Absolutely gorgeous.

Was I crushing on two girls? Two girls I barely know? Two girls who are dating? Each other!?

That’s it. I am definitely a messed up girl.

I reached into my pocket fishing for my keys and pushed it through the hole of the knob and twisting it. I shut the door behind me and made my way through two flights of stairs and unlocked the door to my apartment. I let out a sigh of relief as the warm heat hugged my iced skin giving me goose bumps.

I threw the keys on the coffee table. My head was spinning and I was just about ready to go to bed, even it was only four pm. Power naps are always the best when having a rough day.

When I crawled into my bed, it was one of the best feelings in the world. I let out a loud sigh and lifted the covers up to my chin.

Maybe, I’d never have to see them again, I thought.

My eyes began to close into a dream filled sleep.