Chapter 1

I kept my head down as yet another person bumped into me and then continued walking like nothing happened .I felt someone pull me closer and looked up to see my grandmother smiling at me I rolled my eyes and looked back down .I didn't like being this rude to her but when the person you trust the most betrays you ,you tend to become a bitter person..
Flashback
2 days ago I walked into our medium sized 4 bedroom house in London. I went into the kitchen and looked at empty place. This was strange since my grandmother was always in the kitchen when I  returned from school but not today.
"Ma!Where you at?"I screamed not to loudly since she didn't like that much noise but no answer came back.
"Ma! Ma!"I started getting nervous so I placed my bag on the kitchen counter before running around looking for her in every room .The last place being my room I went in and found my grandmother with headphones on packing clothes into the suitcases which was on the bed. Something finally registered in my head as I looked at the clothes specifically my clothes being packed into suitcases. Walking over to her I snapped my fingers infront of her eyes causing her to jump a little then she saw me and her eyes widened even more. She took the headphones out and shyly smiled at me. I raised my eyebrow at her causing her to suddenly hug me and also causing me get more worried then before.
"Ma?What is going on?Why are you acting so weird?" she chuckled nervously something she had never done before 3 weeks ago .She told me to sit and I did she then sat in front of me holding my hands kissing it .To say I was nervous was an understatement I was freaking out .Is my grandmother sick?Is she dying?I froze at the latter .My eyes immediately u tears and my grandmother noticed
"Ma a .are y. y. you dy .dying.?''I asked stuttering .Tears threathing to fall
"No sweety .I'm not kicking the bucket anytime soon .Its just that...Um..''I Looked at her waitingly .
"You're father wants you to move back to Santa Monica before the new school year starts .And i agreed and told him you'll be there in the next 2 days." She suddenly said standing up making all the worry inside me to just disappear and anger replacing it instead.
Flashback Over
"Andrea you're zoning out again."she said pulling me out of the flashback I looked around and found myself inside a cab .My eyes widened when did I get in here?I really need to stop zoning out so much ,there was a time in London where I found myself in a very weird situation because of the zone outs.I looked out the cab as my grandmother gave the driver the address.The people passing the cab all seemed to be in a trance,they were all either focused on their cellphone or on the pathway trying to avoid talking to people I smiled at them those were after all my kind of people.I took out my headphones and plugged it into my phone I picked one of my all time favourites Wolves by Selena Gomez and Marshmello.Just as the song started my grandmother called my name,I sighed inwardly.Don't you just hate when you want to listen to a song then someone has to suddenly talk to you?I paused the song and turned towards her.She smiled at me knowing that I have not forgiven her for what was going on.
"How you doing sweety?"I rolled my eyes I am sorry if I came across as rude but my grandmother knew that this place held a very big sad memory and now I had to stay here again.
"You know as fine as someone who was betrayed by a loved one."she sighed and placed her hands on mine and rubbing it with her thumbs.
"Sweety,I'm sorry okay but you know your dad he is very stubborn and plus this was always the plan .We even talked about it at the wedding and you would have known if you were not hiding the whole weekend." I know you are probably wondering what wedding. Well my lovely father got married about 7 years ago, 3 years after my mother and brother's death .Now I was going to go live with him,the new wife Odette and her 18 year old daughter Camilla or Melissa whatever the name was .I saw them at the wedding once and that was at the wedding and we came a week earlier so you can just imagine how much hiding I had to do.
"Yeah yeah done deeds." My grandmother laughed and I took it as my que to play the song.I turned the volume up to the maximum and tapped my feet against the floor of the cab.I watched as the cab drove past houses and buildings,my eyes immediately widened as I saw the beach.So I always did love the beach maybe because of the fact that sometimes it was calm then sometimes it turned into a raging storm just like me.I had always wanted to move to the beach but my dad never wanted to because he didn't like the beach now he was living on it with the new family.Shaking my head I took out the earphones and switched off the phone.I can't believe he moved to the beach even though we had begged him so many times.
"Andrea..!"my grandmother warned.I frowned in confusion what did I do now.She started shaking her head smiling causing me to also shake mine.The cab stopped infront of a big big grey colored house with big white gates.The door suddenly opened and I sheepishly looked at the driver thanking him.We took out our luggage from the boot and while my grandmother paid the cab the guards at the gate moved forward with their hands firmly on their guns.I panicked and by the way my grandmother was gripping my arm I was sure she was also panicking .
"Name and business?"the older looking guard asked with a stern expression.My grandma was the one who spoke since I was not that brave.
"My name is Sofia Sparks mother of Andre Sparks and this is Andrea Sparks daughter of Andre Sparks.He is expecting us."the guards looked at us with a brow raised and then took their hands of the gun and sheepishly smiled at us.
"Sorry.Just doing the job."the younger one said then came and took our bags.He pressed a button and the gates opened,he walked in causing us to follow him.We walked down a long path with flowers and grass and gnomes outlining the path I looked around there was a fountain in the middle and than the glory of it all the house.The house was much bigger now then it was from the cab.You could hear the waves coming from the back and the ocean smell was swimming up in front of my nose making me get memories.I quickly pushed them back and rather focused on the door which had now opened.I saw them come out of the house looking like a very happy family.He had his arm wrapped around his wife like it used to be around my mother and looked very happy.I  pushed back the tears and rather looked at the house,it was definitely a double story house.Focusing closely at the house it was not grey it was made from glass which if I had to say was probably like those unbreakable glass.Wow! Was all I could say ,from outside you could not really see anything inside the house as the glass was a dark grey.I felt a pain from my side and looked at my grandma who was smiling sweetly at her son.Suddenly before I could register what was going on she was in her son's arms hugging him like there was no tomorrow.Everybody except for me of course was laughing at the mother-son exchange.
"Mom.You are embarrassing me in front of my wife."He said earning him a slap from both his wife and my grandma.
"Andre you are being mean. Sofia has not seen you in so long."my grandma gasped and I already knew what she was going to say. I even counted up to 3 then recited after her
"Hey I'm not Sofia.I told you so many times before you are my daughter now so call me Ma."everyone had seen what I had done so now him and his wife was laughing.My grandma looked at me with an eyebrow raised but I was to busy rolling my eyes at her son to give attention to her.Suddenly he walked up to me I saw what he wanted to do so I immediately moved towards my grandmother but not fast enough to see the smile on his face falter.My grandmother gave me a stern look but I ignored it and rather told her
"Ma,I'm really tired."my grandmother looked at me with a -Andrea stop acting like this look but I used the puppy dog eyes and said
"Please Ma not now."she nodded and looked at Odette and said.
"Looks like someone is a little jetlagged."adding a little laugh to ease the tension in the air.Odette caught on and said
"Okay let me take her to her room and you and Andre to some catching up."She looked at me and told me to follow her so I did sparring one last look at my dad.

This is the end of the first chapter. Hope y'all like it.Chapter 2 coming soon