Prologue

"Will all the seniors of Pleasant Hill High School please make their way to the gymnasium, please and thank you," the lady on the PA system said in a bored tone.

Immediately the hallways were flooded by all the seniors wanting to escape third block, myself included. What can I say, Mr Wheilem's history lectures are killer.

Sorry, you don't actually know who I am. My name is Halley Carter, I'm a senior and there's only three things in this world I hate: tomatoes, history lectures and Tyler Pierson. Well, that's all you need to know about me, continue on with the story now.

I walked into the crowded gym trying to spot my best friends Hayden and Lexi. Curse my parents for not being tall enough to make me taller than the team of football players blocking my way. Luckily, my besties know me so well and saved me a seat with them.

"Thanks you guys. It's honestly a nightmare here."

Lexi smiled at me, "no problem girlie, anything for you."

Hayden laughed at me, "yeah of course, who else would you sit with, it's not like you have any other friends."

I could only roll my eyes in response, "wow thanks Hayden, totally feeling the love. As long as no one sits next to me I'm all good."

"Sucks for you toes," I hear someone say.

I turned to my side and I immediately regretted it. Looking me in the eye was the one person I despised, Tyler Pierson. He is the most annoying person I've ever met and I see him way too often. He lives next door to me and it gets so aggravating having him literally 10 feet away. Not to mention the stupid nickname he has for me, " toes". Who the hell uses toes as a nickname. Granted it is because of my hatred for tomatoes, but that doesn't matter, he still is the most annoying human on earth.

"What are you doing?"

"Sitting down to watch an assembly, what else would I be doing here."

"No, I meant what are you doing sitting next to me."

"Chill toes, it's not like I wanted to sit here. If you look around there is literally no other seats."

I looked up to see that he really was telling the truth. Every seat in the bleachers of the gym was packed with seniors. I had no idea that there were so many people in our class. What didn't make sense to me was that even though the gym was packed the entire football team was sitting together on the other side of the gym. Usually Tyler is always with the team, or rather the team is always with Tyler seeing as he is the quarterback. I turned to ask him about it.

"Hey, Tyler. Why aren't you..."

"Helloooooo Pleasant Hill Seniors!!! As the principal of our fine school I welcome to the beginning of school assembly. I know this is not a usual event but we have an exciting announcement for you all. This year will be the first year where our school fully embraces what senior year should be all about. We are adding multiple senior only school sanctioned events where you can all create memories and have fun. That is all. You are all free to hang out here until third period is over."

As soon as the principal finished the gym erupted is loud whispers between friends, my best friends included. I glanced quickly at Tyler and was surprised to see a concentrated face instead of his usual smirk. Shrugging it off I turned to my friends to join the excitement.

"I wonder why they decided to add so many events."

"Lexi It doesn't matter why, we're just gonna take advantage of it and have the best year ever."

"Don't be so judgemental Hayden, that was an honest question."

I couldn't help but laugh at my friends.

"Gosh. you guys, lets just go and enjoy our final year"

Lexi smiled at me.

"Yeah, maybe you'll finally get a guy and not graduate high school as the only girl"

"Shut up Lexi. Let's go."

As we got up and left I completely forgot about Tyler who was sitting right next to us listening to our conversation the entire time. Because I forgot about him, I didn't see him watch us as we left the gym, and smile to himself. Eh, I guess it doesn't really matter, but if I knew, I think I would be very curious as to what he was thinking about.