Arnav looked at NK who also agreed to Akash and sighed before walking towards them “ You know I am really glad that my brothers are standing with me today but you also need to understand whatever they did they’re still our family and we can’t leave them alone when a bit*h like Sheetal is living between them. I can’t stay there because I have my own reasons  but this is also a truth we can’t leave our family alone. We all know how emotional Di is and others are also elders to us who needs our support at this age.”

Akash: but bhai…. Khushi interrupted him.

Khushi: Arnav ji is right jija ji! Nani ji, Mama ji and Mami all needs their children beside them at this age to take care of them. In our absence now you and Jiji needs to take this responsibility.

Payal: However much I want to deny but Akash ji I also feel Khushi and Arnav ji is saying right.

Arnav: Also you need to take care of AR branch here in Delhi. Recently after Shyam’s fiasco I have transferred 51% shares of Delhi branch to Di’s name thinking of to secure her future but now having Sheetal on her side you need to take care of things as another 49% will be on your name from now on, I’ll transfer my left over shares also on your name.

Akash: But Bhai then you?

Arnav: I said only shares of Delhi branch not of our whole business and I guess you know our business and branches are all over the world. I will do the more necessary changes soon and then decide how it’ll work. Hope you don’t have any problem?

Akash: Never Bhai! I know you’ll do what is best for all of us.

Arnav: Thanks for supporting me Akash you don’t know how much it means for me.
NK: “Nannav mere bhai you forgot me” he complained making everyone laugh before Arnav signed him from one hand to join them and he did gladly.

Khushi and Payal also smiled through tears looking at the brothers and Lavanya also joined them as the three admired the bond of three brothers. After sometime Akash, Payal and NK left for Raizada Mansion and Lavanya ordered dinner after telling Arnav and Khushi to get fresh and rest for sometime and they left inside the room.

------------

Late Night

Arnav was standing in balcony looking at the stars, silently talking with his mother when he felt Khushi hugging him from behind. Khushi looked at the tears in his eyes and felt the pain he must be going through this moment, so she silently hugged him from behind keeping her head on his shoulder, giving him the much needed support.

Arnav: I am fine Khushi.
Khushi: Hmmmm

Arnav (after few moments): Did she really think I can do that? I can abandon my own child?
Khushi: I don’t care what she thinks nor I want to talk about Mrs. Jha.

Arnav turned back to face her in surprise, his Khushi has been always forgiving and selfless but today her behavior has been really surprising. From the moment she answered back to Anjali and showed her the mirror, he can feel something inside her has changed and it is now making him worried.

Arnav: What happened Khushi?
Khushi gulped her own tears and started wiping tears from his eyes and hugged him “ I have always considered her as my own sister Arnav ji but she. At every chance given to her she decides herself and blames me for everything, I had always let it go thinking she is hurt because of her husband, she is depressed because of her lost child, she is afraid to loose her brother after facing so much. You and I, we have always considered her first, thought about her happiness first but what does she do? She turns her back to us when we needs her support, we need her to trust us, she choose someone else over us. Till now I thought it’s just because of me but today she didn’t even stand by your side.”

Arnav: Khushi …. Interrupted by her.

Khushi: No let me complete! I really meant when I said that somewhere she is still holding animosity for me for what happened in her marriage. Though she says it’s all past but she still considers me responsible in some part of her heart. Therefore I feel she took this chance against me, she has wanted me to go through what she is feeling and that’s why she denied any other possibility. She just wanted me to go away from you.

Arnav (pulling out from hug): Khushi you’re thinking too much. You should relax!

Khushi: I don’t care but I can’t forgive her for what she did today. Even if she had any problem with me how can she hurt you? she knows how much you love her and family. She have raised you but still she choose to believe an outsider knowing very well how much it’ll hurt you.

Cupping his face “You may forgive her Arnav ji but I wouldn’t be able to do that for the pain I am seeing right now in your eyes, for the loneliness of not having your family by your side and for everything.” Arnav closed his eyes as more tears fell freely from them and Khushi wiped them again “She… (hiccupping) she asked me to divorce you, she asked you to leave me. How can she? She knows, she knows how much we love each other still. I just can’t forget what happened today, I still shudder with the thought what if you have decided to hear her, chosen her over me?” Arnav tries to stop her but she continues “I would have died Arnav ji, I told you. I told you I wouldn’t be able to live without you.”

Arnav: “shhhh…. Shh…. Relax” he rubbed her back taking her into his arms. “No one can take you away from me and like I said earlier from now on only you, only us will be my first priority. You don’t have any idea Khushi what I would have done if you hadn’t supported me today, if you have decided not to believe me but those proofs. I am lost without you Khushi, I have started living this life in true sense just because of you and I couldn’t afford to loose you myself.”

Khushi(murmured): I Love you!
Arnav: “I Love you too! And I promise very soon I’ll set everything alright and we’ll go far away from all this. Just us!” and he kissed on her head who smiled at him and wiping her own tears both left inside. That night Khushi caressed him to sleep in her lap promising to herself to support him in every step and share his every pain.

To be continued……………..

Precap: Marriage Anniversary & Surprise