Chapter 33 - Italics

Börja om från början

"Hello, Kat? Baba ka dito."

"Ha, why?"

"Uhmmm........just go down. Tell Jay di pa ko makaakyat tapos baba ka. Now na."

"May problema ba, Dei?"

"Uhmmm yes......Baba ka na."

She hoped Kat got what she meant. She hoped that in telling Kat she couldn't go up yet, Richard and Kat would take a hint that there was trouble.

Meanwhile, up in the shoot, Kat felt cold. She didn't want to tell Inigo, knowing how hot-headed he was. She looked for Richard, who was working on his laptop.

"Jay, may problema. Nasa baba si Dei."

"Ha? Anong nangyari? Tara."

They headed to the elevator while Kat was updating him. Both of them were worried for Dei. The elevator door opened at another floor and in walked two women.

"Oh my God, Kat! I'm such a fan. Sabi na nga ba dito ang shoot niyo eh. Pwedeng pa-picture?"

With a tight smile Kat nodded and the women took selfies with her and Richard. They talked excitedly with Kat and Richard until the elevator door opened and they saw Keifer. The women were about to approach Keifer but he snarled at them.

"Huwag kayong makigulo dito ha, wag ngayon! Umalis na kayo mag-uusap kami. Alis!"

The two women ran immediately but hid behind a pillar.

"Bastos na Keifer yan, kunan mo nga ng video. Panira ng araw ha, sige viral ka ngayon."

Keifer was crying as he looked at Kat.

"Bakit sinama mo pa yan? Putangina so tutoo nga na may bagong nililink sayo. Sinama mo pa dito. Pogi ha. Gusto mo ng bala sa ulo brad?" He suddenly took the gun and waved it over his head.

"Bro, ingat konti baka makatama ka."

"Oo tarantado ikaw uunahin ko wag ka magpaka-hero."

"Keif, I'm here. Gusto mo ko makausap oh ano na? Anong gusto mo?"

"I want you to talk to management. Convince them that I'm ok and I can still be your partner for the next projects. I promise titino na ko, Kat. Please lang......"

Richard's mind was working fast. He needed to disarm Keifer and pin him to the ground. But he might need more help. Without Keifer looking at him, he quickly texted a message to Dei, telling her to go to the security detail at the front of the building and get help. She got the message and slowly backed away. She quickly sent a message to Inigo as she walked to find help.

Richard's attention went back to Keifer who was getting more and more agitated. 

"Keif, I don't like seeing you like this. Sana magpakatino ka na."

"Titino ako pag nagawa mo yung gusto ko."

He suddenly yanked her by the hair and pointed the gun at her head. Richard suddenly tackled him and pinned him down on the floor. The gun went off as it fell from Keifer's hand but did not hit anyone. Keifer banged his head on the floor and was dizzy, trying to get his bearings, while Richard kicked the gun far away, refusing to put his fingerprints on it. He stood up, and looked for Kat who rushed to him, hugged him by the waist and started crying.

Several things happened at once. The elevator door opened and Inigo saw Keifer slowly getting up. He rushed to Keifer and pinned him down, just as Dei came running with security. Everything was captured on video by the two ladies hiding, shocked at what they saw. They quickly left the building with knees shaking.

Keifer was cuffed and led away, with Ciara following them to the security office to fix things. Through it all, Kat was holding on to Richard as though for her dear life, so scared. Richard was trying to comfort her, but his eyes roamed to look for Inigo and Dei. With all the drama going on, he was thankful no one else was around to see this. Or so he thought.

Kat

You saved me yet again. Thank you, Jay.

Inigo

She's holding on to him so closely and crying, and I understand, I really do. She's distraught, he was here before I was, I don't know how. Pero bakit masakit pa rin? Seeing them hug like that? Ang sakit. I'm here now sweetie, run to me. Please, run to me.

Dei

She's holding on to him so closely and crying, and I understand, I really do. But why do I feel this uneasiness? How can I feel selfish at a time like this? 

Richard

How do I let her go when she's so scared like this? How do I disengage and hand her over to the man who truly loves her? Dei, please don't mistake this for anything, love. Please don't let this hurt you.