» Volume 1

For the next two weeks, she is lonely.

During lunch, she sits alone. During class, she rarely speaks.

Frankie lets out a sigh as the bell to lunch rings loudly. The girls takes her usual route out of the school and towards the empty lot across the street.

About the first week, she wandered towards the lot and discovered an old swing set. Now she goes to it everyday.

Today would be different though.

"I'll see you guys after school," Will says, gathering his belongings and rushing towards the exit. The boys raise their eyebrows at the Byers boy.

"Where are you going?" Lucas asks, voicing everyone's thoughts.

"Oh– uh, I have to make up a test I missed. I promised my mom I'd make it up during lunch today," Will lies. Truth is, he couldn't help his curiosity about the new girl.

"Oh, okay...well, see ya after school," Mike mumbles, watching as his friend rushes out of the classroom they're in.

He always knew when Will was lying.

Frankie swings back and forth, the figure sits beside her. It is also swinging.

"How you liking school," it asks. Frankie sighs in response. "It's alright, I guess," she hums, trying not to seem too upset. In all honesty, she down right hates school.

"If you made friends, you'd like it more," the spirit insists.

"I don't know how to make friends," she admits. Suddenly, the spirit disappears, confusing her. Why did it leave?

That question is answered when Will Byers comes into her view. She almost falls off the swing.

"Uh– I, I know I'm not supposed to be all the way over here– please don't tell on me," Frankie pleads, jumping off the swings. Will watches her panic-fully motion with her hands as she speaks. He smiles.

"D-Don't worry, I won't tell!" Will laughs lightly, "I actually...came to swing with you. If that's okay?"

"You came to swing with me?" she questions with surprise. He nods his head and moves to sit on the swing the spirit was once sat at. Frankie sits back into her own swing.

"Why?" she questions.

"Because everyone deserves to have a friend," he simply explains, bringing out a chocolate bar from his pocket. He offers it to her, "want some?"

Hesitantly, she nods and watches as Will breaks off a piece to hand to her.

"So, we're friends?"

"Yeah, for sure!"

|

(Will Byers is such a sweetie

(Will Byers is such a sweetie. What would Frankie do without him?)