Chapter 8

Present day.

Agot: (nakaupo sa sofa and wipe her tears on her cheeks. It never fails to make her cry remembering what happened in the past. On instinct, she touch the ring na binigay ni Albert sa kanya na nasa finger niya then take it off and stare at it. She stroke it with her finger, trying to remind herself what it symbolizes. After a while she decided that she will face Albert with all the dignity and courage she had and not give him the satisfaction that she fear him.)

Later.

Agot: (open her door)

Guards: (standing outside her door)

Agot: (look at sternly at the guards) so your royal highness did his research.

Guard: are you ready to go?

Agot: (go out of the apartment and lock it then walk ahead of the guards) let's go!

Guards: (sunod kay Agot)

Pagdating sa restaurant.

Agot: (approach Albert's table)

Albert: (saw Agot coming, just look at her)

Agot: (stop at the table then curtsy at Albert) good evening your highness!

Albert: (stand up to assist Agot to sit down)

Agot: you don't have to do that. (Sit down)

Waiter: (lapit sa kanila to take their orders)

Albert: what would you like to eat?

Agot: I will just have a sandwhich and water please.

Albert: is that all you will have?

Agot: I'm good with that, thank you.

Albert: (order different kinds of food)

Waiter: (take down the orders then umalis na)

Albert: (observe Agot)

Agot: (sit straight) what kind of event are you going to have?

Albert: we can talk about that later after dinner.

Agot: we are here because you want me to organize an event for you, not to have a chit chat.

Albert: how did you became an event planner from being a front desk?

Agot: I organized some of the events of the hotel before. After I discover that-(natigilan, fidgeting with the ring on her finger)

Albert: (looking at Agot fidgeting with her ring) you discovered what?

Agot: I discovered... that I can make it my own business. So I stopped working at the hotel and start the event planning business. (She shrug) The rest as they say is history. (Can see the Albert looking at the ring on her finger but pa as if lang siya hindi niya ito napansin.) So, what do you want me to organize?

Albert: you're using the ring.

Agot: why not? It's a beautiful piece, it's a shame to put it into waste and besides I earned it. When will your event be?

Albert: (silent only na nakatingin kay Agot)

Agot: (uneasy but she didn't let it show) you have venue in mind or you want me look suitable venues for the event?

Albert: (still just looking at Agot, trying to read her like before)

Agot: (sigh) look, if you don't want to talk there is no point in this meeting. We are just wasting both our time.