14

Two days later, on the morning of November first, Mila jumped on Aria's bed with a bright smile on her lips, "Nanny, let's go!" She exclaimed loudly, announcing excitedly as she bounced on her knees, "We are going on a cruise today!"

Aria's heart dropped in her chest, but the forced herself to smile, sighing, "Yeah, kid, are you excited?" The little girl nodded, bouncing on her knees around the bed, "Alright, let me up." Aria hummed, rolling to her feet, "Give me an hour, and we will be on our way."

Her hands were shaking at the thought of living on open water for four days, but she distracted her mind with the thought of seeing Brian again. She fixed her hair and makeup, pulling her brunette locks back into a messy ponytail. Walking out of the bathroom, she was dressed in an off-the-shoulder blue maxi dress with white floral designs covering the fabric, "Alright, twerp, your turn." Aria hummed, pulling the young girl from the bed and placing her in the bath.

She changed the child into a dress that matched her own, brushing her light brown hair into a ponytail and tying a white ribbon around the rubber band, "I'm ready!" The child cheered with a wide grin on her lips as she posed with her hands on her hips. She moved toward her mini-sized suitcase and grabbed the handle, announcing, "Let's go!"

Staring up at the large ship, every part of her wanted to turn and run away, "Mil, are you sure you don't want to spend the day at the aquarium?" Aria asked nervously, clearing her voice, "Essentially, it would be the same --."

"No!" The child exclaimed, pointing to the large cruise ship as an excited laugh escaped her lips, "Let's go!"

Aria held the tickets in her shaking hand as she followed the child toward the boarding area, "Gate C, Mil." Aria directed, pointing forward. They stood in the long line to board the ship. Aria was shaking in her sandals as she kept a death grip on her suit case. She was hesitant in her movements as she stepped toward the ship, focusing on her breathing as she moved up the ramp.

When her eyes looked down at the water, her heart dropped in her chest. She felt her breathing quicken, but she remained silent with her hand latched on Mila's. She was staring forward in a daze, "Yay! Yay! Yay!" The child exclaimed as she bounced on her toes, but Aria was almost mute to the sounds around her.

All volume was muffled in her ears, and she felt her knees weakening as she forced herself to step forward, "Aria, right?" She looked to see Sal offering to help Mila on the ship.

He flashed her a genuine smile, and noticed how her eyes dazed forward. Her skin lost its color and she was paused at the entry to the ship, "Are you feeling alright?" He asked quickly as he guided Mila to his side and reached up toward her, directing, "Watch your step."

When he got no response from the woman, he reached up to hold her arm, saying, "Kid, go get Bri --." His voice cut out as he stepped forward with worry spread across his features.

Looking to Mila, he could see the panic spread across her gentle features as she looked up, "Gate D, kid, go get Q!" He pointed, and the young child began to run in the direction he motioned to.

Aria's body shut down, collapsing forward, and a loud gasp echoed through the area as Sal lunged forward to catch her in his arms. He guided her body to rest on the floor of the ship, and tried to push away the crowd that began to form around the scene.

"Aria, what's going on?" He asked in a panic as he brushed the strands of her hair away from her face and shifted her to lay across his lap, "Keep your eyes open." He hummed as he searched her dazed eyes.

He looked away, screaming for the people to back up as he searched for the young girl through the legs of the dense crowd. He turned back to look at Aria, sighing quietly to her, "Calm down, everything is going to be fine."