You couldn't help but be curious about what they were looking at beyond the gym door. You crept behind them, sneaking a glance.

Tsukishima is standing near the drinking area outside the gym, with Sakamoto in front of him. Your hand instinctively grasps the ring around your neck.

His gaze locked on yours for a split second before he averted his gaze to follow Sakamoto to the rear of the gym. All you can do is watch their backs fade from view.

"Ack!" Hinata flinched from where he was standing. He was taken aback when he noticed you standing behind them, making no noise.

"(F/N)?" Kageyama asked, tilting his head to the side.

There was so much going on within your head that you couldn't hear the noises or the voices calling out to you. However, a tap on the shoulder snapped you back to reality. Kuroo gives you a worried expression as you slowly turn your head.

"Are you okay? These two have been calling, but you haven't answered at all."

You shook your head, "I—I'm fine!" No, you are not. "Just spacing out is all!" you faked a laugh.

"You know you can always tell me if something bothers you," Kuroo remarked.

Your smile has thinned to a line. It worried you that Kuroo was still willing to be someone you could count on despite what had happened.

"Kuroo, can we talk?" You mustered the guts to finally confront him.

"Sure—" Kuroo's comments were cut off by a whistle, signaling that practice was about to resume. "Later after practice?" he asked, turning to face you.

You have no choice but to nod.

The practice went well, with Tsukishima being his usual self and you being distracted. You were strolling down the side of the court when you tripped and fell forward, your chin hitting the floor.

"Ow..." you groaned, feeling your chin throb from the blow.

"(F/N)-chan! Are you okay?!" Shimizu rushed up to you.

"Y—Yeah," you forced a laugh. "I didn't see the ball."

"Can you stand?"

You nodded, "a little bruise on the chin won't kill me."

Shimizu frowns, "You should see the doctor in the infirmary."

You didn't dare argue with Shimizu since you could see she wasn't joking. You kept your mouth shut, nodded briefly before leaving the gym.

You sighed as you walked along the campus's broad hallway from the gym, your head downcast.

"What are you doing?!"

You came to a halt as you heard a voice from behind the nearby gymnasium. You followed the voice out of curiosity. You took a peek around the corner, and your eyes widened.

Kuroo and Sakamoto talking alone. They appear to be having a disagreement. You wanted to leave because you didn't want to become involved in someone else's business, but your intuition tells you that you should stay and listen to what they have to say. You hated yourself for following your instincts.

"You're supposed to make (F/N) fall in love with you so Kei will stay away from her!" Sakamoto shouted.

"Look, Nanami, as much as I want to help you like before, I'm not going to do it. I can't afford to see (F/N) suffer because of me. You need to stop."

Sakamoto was seen smiling in shock, as if she had been misled by someone she trusted. "You fell in love with her too," she shook her head, "NO! You can't back out! Everything I worked for will be ruined! You can't do this to me! You can't! You can't do this to me, onii-chan!" Sakamoto became frantic, and Kuroo had to calm her down before someone heard them.