Chapter 20: Clara

Start from the beginning

We all stepped inside it, except Garry and Lori who could only survive on the Funaria island, one by one and soon found ourselves in Mrs. Withersfield's office. The main door burst open and in came Mrs. Withersfield, Krystal, Mrs. Saunders and Mr. Stephenson.

"What happened?! Why are you'll here already? There is still a week left till you'll finish your training right?" Krystal asked.

"The beast has awakened, am I right?" Mrs. Withersfield said. We all nodded. "And I suppose you'll have finished your training?"

We nodded again.

"Fine then. Come along with me." She said and only we six followed behind her.

She led us into a huge room down the corridor which I had never noticed before.

She pushed open the door and we all entered only to find an almost empty room. We could see six books placed in six different corners.

I don't know what made me move but I started walking towards one of the books. Once I was there I saw that the other five were in the same position as me. They all stared down at different books.

I then stared down at mine. It was a fat brown book with golden corners. It had a for symbol in the middle of it. I ran my fingers over it. It seemed quite ancient to me.

I slowly went on to open the book. And when I did a bright red light came out of it and I shut my eyes because of the brightness.

When I did open my eyes again I saw a beautiful woman with long dark brown hair with deep red highlights. She had a white gown that flowed down below her feet and some golden bracelets and a golden chain as well. She had a golden tiara with red gems in it.

Her eyes which were closed up till now opened and she stared at me with her warm brown eyes.

She smiled at me softly.

"Hello there Melanie. I'm so glad to have finally been able to meet you." She spoke in such a soft and elegant voice. Wait. I've heard this voice somewhere before! I remember! In my dreams!

"Yes Melanie. It was me in your dreams. Hello there once again." She said.

"Hi..." I muttered still not sure what was actually happening. She chuckled at my confused state.

"I'm Clara. One of the Great Six. And you in your past life. I died 500 years ago but due to my strong powers I and the other members of the Great Six were able to keep our souls alive in this book." She said. I nodded as I understood.

But I still don't know what made me walk over to this book.

"I'll tell you." She said again with a smile. Did I say that aloud or did she read my mind?

"I can read your mind since you're my reincarnation." She said. I nodded.

"So as I was saying, this book made you walk over here without your will. More specifically me. I and the others sensed the beast awaken the same time you'll did. And we brought you'll here to give you'll some more knowledge and even powers. And maybe even help you'll in defeating the beast." She said. I nodded.

"This book here will give you more spells, increase your knowledge and even make you stronger." She continued.

"I want you to stay still for a while and not panic as I'll be lending you some of my powers." She said. I nodded again and stood still waiting for her to do something.

She closed her eyes and extended her arms in front of her. I saw a bright red light in front her hands and soon it started floating towards me. It touched me and entered my body easily.