Chapter 14 I Appoint You Temporary Minister

Comincia dall'inizio

"Thank you for lunch. Again."

"My pleasure. Oh and just so you know, I caused a little scene earlier storming in. This article... well I've calmed down and I think we need a plan of attack."

"Hand it over. I haven't had a chance to read it." I hold my hand out while digging through the massive amounts of chocolate - everything from chocolate frogs (which one got decapitated almost immediately, only to find my own bloody card) to high end Swiss and Belgian chocolates. "You said there's a salad in here..." He hands me the paper and other much smaller bag containing my salad. "Are you wanting to send me into diabetic shock? There's enough chocolate for a month of my whole dormitory at school!"

My door flies open to show a streak of dark fiery red hair carrying two large bags herself slamming the door behind her with her foot. "Good, you're here too Draco. You brought her chocolate? Bonus points for you. I got the butterbeers." This must be bad if Ginny is here too.

"I also got her something sensible, but she seems to be in the mood to kill some frogs instead." His feet leave the coffee table and he pulls me closer to him, "Next time, I'll bring cuisse de grenouilles from a lovely little place I know in Paris if you want frogs so bad."

"Shut it." I mumble, mouth full of salad. I am turning into my husband and son, but I want to eat something semi-digestible and still have a chance to read this article.

It took 3 reads before everything fully sank in.

They somehow interviewed Ronald. He said that his mission will be preempted and he is not in approval of his daughter's suitor and will end it immediately. And that wasn't the worst, well it will be for Rosie but, they implied that it was Draco and me pushing the kids together for our own purposes. Draco's being a proper young lady from an upstanding family on the right side of the war to regain dignity for the Malfoy name, and mine to secure Rose's financial status in the future since her choice in suitors seemed 'limited'.

"Don't mind that part about Rosie," Ginny began, "she just has problems because half the school is related to her."

"And there is something else to that. Scorpius has, shall we say, threatened anyone who is remotely interested in her. And from what I hear, your son has helped, Ginny."

"James!" She bellows exasperated.

"Uh no... your other son," Draco says meekly, as not trying to get Al in trouble.

Ginny turns a slightly unnatural shade of red. "I'll be right back. I need to speak to my husband about his meddling sons." I see her take a few deep breaths before standing and leaving my office.

But right now it feels like my office is more inclined to a cross between King's Cross Station and a psychiatrist's office. I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders.

"I'm sorry that we can't be out anymore. I know it's hard on you. It's torture for me. I feel a part of me is missing when you're not here," motioning to me being curled up in his arms. "But we need a plan. For the kids."

"And my husband isn't helping in any capacity. He's actually going to be home next week so..." my voice fails me. The idea that this man, who I hadn't seen in years except brief nods at best, is pulling me in so much. The idea of a week or more without my 'fix' is painful.

"Then we'll make tonight count." He sealed it with a kiss. "You might want a nap before you come over Madam Minister. Because you're not going to sleep tonight."

Author's Note:

Author's Note:

Dear fans, I could use some more love. See I am at a crossroads, questioning where this is headed and when it will end. It isn't going to be the eternal book. Can't do that to you or myself.
I am also at a hard part in the story line that I have. Emotionally hard. It comes a little too close to home for me.

So deal with some fluff chapters, I need it personally. Like every drama needs that one comic relief character so that you remember how hard the plot is, the fluff chapters give me and hopefully you some connection to the characters as they relate daily.
Because their daily life...

Crap I almost gave away the plot. 

Share, vote, comment. Send your love and support my way.  See you soon.