CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO:

CHAPTER TWO:

PARTY POOPER

LEE BREATHED DEEPLY, staring into her mirror in her room as she patted down her dress. She was getting ready for her first high school party and she was nervous. Sure she was excited but being there with Steve was different.

It hadn't started as much but throughout Lee Jones' time in Hawkins, she began to fall for the popular jock. Sure, it was her best friend's boyfriend but she always thought he was attractive. And he knew her well. No one else had ever known her well enough– besides Nancy. Which made it harder for the blonde to fall for him.

"You still goin'?" Lee was pulled from her trance as her mother's thick British accent brought her out of her trance. The young blonde smiled sheepishly, tucking a piece of loose hair behind her ears as her mother entered her room.

"I just don't know what to wear." It might be unusual for most teenagers to tell their parents about a party involving alcohol but Lee was new to parents and parties. Thinking it was best to ask her family. Her father was a bit reluctant but her mother was ecstatic that Lee was making friends.

Thirty minutes later after tearing apart the girls closet, the two women finally settled on an outfit. Music by Earth, Wind, & Fire was blaring from the record player in her room. The glow of Lee's lamp on the desk radiated throughout the room, landing on the teenage girl who was trying on her dress. It was a light blue long sleeved dress– what Lee wore when she went to church for the first time.

"Amelie Jones, you're going to be the grooviest girl at this party." Her mother announced with a proud smile, watching her daughter twirl around in her blue dress.

Amelie was excited for this party and to visit with Nancy, Steve, and maybe Jonathan Byers if he showed up.

She just didn't realise how the night was going to end.

º   º   º

LEE WAS A BUNDLE of nerves as she sat in the car with her mom.

"Be sure to call me if Nancy can't take you home." Lee's mother told her as they pulled up to the house. Lee had no idea who was throwing the party.

She agreed to her mother's terms before stepping out of the car and walking up the driveway, her heart beating fast. Lee opened the front door that was opened a crack, walking into a party that had already started. Everyone was either lined up against the walls drinking and talking or dancing.

The blonde girl navigated through the hoards of teenagers until she located Nancy and Steve dancing the night away. She joined them, a smile on her face as she danced. Her blonde hair flew around her as she shook her head to the beat of the music.