Chapter 1

The last day of school. To describe it in 5 words; the best day of the year.

I decide to put some effort into getting ready for school. I put my alarm 1 hour early, after snooze goes off, I decide I should probably get up.

After my shower I fill in my eyebrows and put on some lipgloss. Looking in my closet, I decide to go with a floral dress, a belt and a cardigan. I straighten my vibrant red hair, even though it's already mostly straight. Satisfied by how I look, I grab my iPhone and backpack and head downstairs.

My parents already left for work. They're workaholics. My dads a lawyer and my mom is a surgeon. I don't have any siblings cause they don't have enough time for me, never mind another child. My best friend Maya is the closest thing I have to a sibling.

I decide to make pancakes for breakfast, my favourite. I sit in quiet at the island and check my social media as I eat, a bad habit I really need to grow out of.

Maya texted me: Picking you up. Be ready in five min

I respond: Ok

I quickly wash my dishes. Yes, I am an extreme clean freak.

When I hear a honk, I quickly slip on my white converse and throw my backpack over my shoulder. When I open the door I see Maya car number 2 in my driveway. Maya's family is loaded. They invented toaster strudel or something. She has 3 cars already and she's 17; yellow BMW m5, red corvette ZR1, and a snake-skin green viper SRT.

He hair is styled in perfect bouncy curls. She has bright blue eyes that she uses to lure in every boy. She's wearing a overly short skirt and a crops top that display her cleavage. Her outfit could get her dress coded, but she doesn't care, it's the last day of school.  She doesn't quite fit the typical high school popular girl description. She smart and has a bright future ahead of her.

I jump into her corvette. She turns down her music and squeals "I cant believe today is the last day of grade 11. And..."

I roll my eyes.

She continues "summer is going to be a lot of fun since, we are both going to that summer camp/school!"

Maya has been trying to convince me all year to go to this summer school/camp thing. It's a low key camp across the country where you have to be accepted to go attend. You stay in cabins with a bunch of people you don't even know and in the morning you have attend classes. It's located in the forest and there's a lake backing up the cabins. There no service or wifi because your supposed to "enjoy the outdoor." I just wonder why this doesn't sound appealing to me. Oh right, because it's basically summer school. I've already got accepted into the camp but am not quite sure if I want to go.

"And who said I was going" I said in a joking way.

"I did." Maya has a way of getting what ever she wants. I mean she has 3 cars. Maya slams the gas pedal, and we let the music drown our thoughts.

My parents don't care if I go to the summer camp. Sometimes they don't even notice when I spend the night and Maya's house. It's not like they have to worry. I not really boy crazy like Maya, and I get good grades. I'm like the perfect daughter in their eyes.