Chapter 4 - I'll be with you.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I can't believe myself right now. How could I go against my own advice? Am I seriously that stupid? I wanted to let him dangle how the hell am I supposed to do that now that I've kissed him and voiced my private thoughts out loud to him? How could I be so reckless... This isn't going to end well. I was going to ruin it, wasn't I?

Cassie ended up staying over instead of going back to Adam's, she heard the whole ordeal and wiggles her brows at me once Jake left, she held me while I broke down. I've been so stressed lately, with school and working such long hours on set are really taking a toll on me.

"Cass, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure, ask away!" She smiled in my direction

"Do you think it was stupid what I did?"

"Honestly Paige, I can't say for sure if it was stupid.. Because..." She trailed off.

"Because what, Cass?" Nudging her with my shoulder to urge her to continue.

"Because Paige, I've seen the way you are with him.. You like him that's for sure. But if I'm being completely honest with you... I just... If you guys were to be an item-" She stops when a knock at the door disturbs her train of thought, "I'll get it, stay here and stop worrying about it, honestly I think time will only tell for sure what will happen with you two." She gets up and starts walking towards the door. "I think the distance from him will be good for you to clear your mind of all the negativity that's waging a war inside your head."

"You really think so?" I asked her as she unlocked the door and grasped the handle.

"Of course I do. Its the same with us, we've all been friends for what seems like forever. I don't think we've ever spent time apart." Glancing at the man behind the door, she smiles awkwardly until he speaks.

"Delivery for Paige Townsen?" The delivery man says.

"That's me.. Who's it from?" I asked.

"I'm not sure Ma'am, who ever it was from may have left a note inside the box, there's no return address on it."

"Oh okay, thank you have a good evening!" I smiled at him as I closed the door.

The neat little box was white and had gold ribbons wrapped around it. It had a little bit of weight but I wasn't concerned about that. I was just trying really hard to think of who would send me something. Walking back over to the couch and placing it on the coffee table, it seemed so out of place. It was so white compared to the brown/black of the table underneath it.

"Are you just going to stare at it until it magically opens?" Cass giggles beside me.

"I'm just thinking... who could've sent it to me." I answered plainly. "It could be from anyone.."

"Would you like me to do the honors for you, girl?" I nodded as my reply.

She reaches for the white box and grips the ribbons pulling them free. As Cassie lifts the lid off the box a gasp escapes her mouth. Pulling the note with my name in perfect cursive hand writing and handing it to me.

"Paige... holy crap... you're spoiled! Check the note, who's it from?" Waltzing over to the mirror holding up the baby blue dress to her tanned skin.

The dress had such beautiful detailing that you could tell that it was expensive, probably cost way more than I could ever imagine. The top half of the dress plunged down above the waist line on the front and the back forming a V, it was also covered in black/silver diamonds. The bottom half of the dress was what looked like chiffon material with a layer of silk underneath that touched the floor at Cassie's feet. It was breath taking, I have never seen anything this beautiful.