Rhian had since resumed her schedules. There were schedules that were already planned for her before her disappearance. She could’ve postponed them, but she shocked everyone when she insisted on coming instead. Her reason was even a bigger shocker; because she didn’t want to disappoint her fans. Her fans. She never thought about her fans before.

It was a fan signing event for the brand that she endorses, Banila Co. Though the event was scheduled at 3pm, she was there half an hour early. She also suggested going on stage and meeting her fans before the official fan sign begin. Because some of them had been waiting since morning and she feels bad for them. The event staff and the people from her agency were listening to her with their jaw dropped, speechless. She even smiled at them.

It was like she’s a different person.

“Did you waited long for me?” she asked to her fans.

“YES!” replied the crowd in front of the stage.

Rhian smiled at the excited faces in front of her, and tried to make eye contact with them as much as possible. She never realized it before, how overwhelming it felt to be loved by her fans. Emotions were rushing to her, and soon tears were brimming in her eyes.

Suddenly she bowed.

Everyone was shocked. The media present were prepared with their cameras, and soon the cameras flashing.

Rhian bowed for almost a minute before she stood up straight again. She smiled, and her eyes were glistening with tears.

She put the microphone under her mouth, “I have no idea why you guys love me so much. I was never a nice person-

She paused. Choking as she was holding back her tears. She closed her eyes.

“DON’T CRY,” the crowd cheered.

Rhian opened her eyes and looked at her fans.

“DON’T CRY,” they repeated in unison.

“WE LOVE YOU”

“NO MATTER WHAT.”

Rhian bit her lip. And she can’t hold back her tears any longer.

“WE LOVE YOU,” they repeated.

“NO MATTER WHAT.”

Rhian bowed again.

“I’m sorry for everything, and thank you for loving me.”

“I will become a better Rhian so that you will feel proud being my fan.”

“It’s a promise.”

**

It was the most heart-warming session with fans ever held. It touched everyone, including the media present. Rhian interacted with all of her fans present in the event, signing autographs and giving out hugs. It was way past her scheduled time but she insisted to stay and not miss out anyone. She continued until there was one last fan left in the line.

“Okay hurry up,” said the staff, gesturing the female fan to move forward.

The fan seemed timid, and she even covered half her face with a mask. She climbed up the stairs to the stage and walked to Rhian who was waiting at the table. She handed her the Banila Co. poster for autograph.

“Hi there, what’s your name?” asked Rhian, smiling.

The fan didn’t reply.

Rhian looked up to see her face, and their eyes met.

She gulped.

Though only half her face was exposed, she recognizes her immediately. But the latter quickly avoided her gaze.

“Maybe she’s shy,” said one of the staff by Rian’s side.

Suddenly Rhian stood up.

“Can I hug you?” she asked.

The fan was startled and looked at Rhian.

Rhian reached across the table and enveloped the fan in her arms. It was brief, and the fan stood still. Rhian sat back on her seat and grabbed the pen.