Invisible 011

Isang magandang magandang magandang umaga sa inyong lahat readers. 😉

As have I said. Maguupdate agad ako paggising ko. Walang hila hilamos muna at toothbrush hahaha! Kakamulat ko lang ng super duper. So eto na nga. Enjoy! ❤

******

Chapter Eleven

Glaiza and Rhian went to Dr. Sally’s office that evening. Chynna was complaining that she had to cover for Glaiza’s shift again. There weren’t many people waiting outside the doctor’s office, unlike the first time they came. Soon, they learnt that the doctor had specifically cleared her other appointments just to meet them.

“So tell us Dr, how are we going to make her visible again?” asked Glaiza, impatient.

Dr. Sally looked at Glaiza and the empty seat where Rhian was.

“I’ve checked with my colleagues and also did my research on Wikipedia. And I came to a conclusion. It could be that your friend’s being invisible as a sort of punishment,” she said, calm.

“Punishment?”

“What kind of person is your friend?”

“What do you mean, doctor?”

“She must’ve done something bad to be punished like this. The only way for her to be back to normal is to find out what it was,” added Dr. Sally.

“Well, I’m sure it’s more than just something bad. Probably a list of bad things then,” said Glaiza.

Rhian rolled her eyes.

“What she has to do now is to remember what she did on the day before she became invisible. If she did a lot of bad things, she has to list them all. And then she has to fix the damages she did.”

“Fix the damages?”

Dr. Sally nodded.

“The hearts she had broken, the hopes she had shattered, the happiness that she had taken away. All these things, she has to fix them.”

**

Glaiza and Rhian sat in the guesthouse’s green van after their appointment with the supernatural doctor. But they didn’t even ignite the engine to leave. Rhian was staring restlessly outside the window while Glaiza sighed again and again.

“We have to try this. Let’s fix all the damages you made,” said Glaiza.

Rhian sighed, “That’s not easy. As you may know, I’m not exactly nice to others. It could be a really long list.”

“Wow, so you are aware of it.”

Rhian rolled her eyes, “Of course I do. I’m not stupid.”

“You know you’re being harsh to others but yet you still do it. That’s the same as being stupid,” blurted Glaiza. She noticed Rhian’s gaze on her and stopped talking.

She cleared her throat, “So let’s start from the day before you became invisible. What did you do on that day?”

Rhian creased her eyebrows, trying to recall.

“I was at the theatre, doing my last play for Legally Blonde.”

“What happened there?”

“Nothing much. Just my fans adoring me, the cast congratulating me.”

“And then I met Bianca, she was waiting for me in the dressing room. I was rushing to change out of my stage outfit because I needed to rush to a meeting with the drama producers.”

“Hmm, and then Lovi came and we made out-

Rhian paused and looked at Glaiza. Glaiza looked clueless as always. But for some reason, she wasn’t comfortable talking about Lovi in front of her.

She cleared her throat, “I-I mean I undid my makeup and then we headed out. Yeah, nothing unusual happened.”

“Oh, I also fired this one girl because she poked my eye,” she added.

Glaiza gasped.

“What?”

“That’s it! How did you fire the girl?”

“I… yelled at her and told her to leave…”

Rhian paused and looked down, “It was quite harsh of me.”

“Why did I-

She paused when she noticed Glaiza smiling.

“So you regret it?” she asked.

Rhian shrugged, “Well… I could’ve handled it another way.”

“She could be the problem you should fix.”

“You think so?”

“Let’s go meet her.”

“But I don’t know where she lives. How are we going to find her?”

“Her address has to be somewhere. Your office maybe?”

Rhian looked down, thinking, “Hmm…”

“My agency. Her employment details could still be there.”

**

Glaiza never thought she would be doing this. She was going to sneak into the office of one of the top entertainment agency. A few times, she felt like turning back, but the firm grip around her arm stopped her. She glanced at Rhian as they walked up the staircase. The look on her face was so determined, and Glaiza knew she couldn’t let her down. They were heading towards the 3rd floor where the administrative office was.

They opened the door and entered the floor. It was filled with staff, busy with their work. Some of them were busy at the desk while a few were walking around with files. Glaiza gulped nervously and used her other hand to hold Rhian’s hand on her arm. She wasn’t sure if she was really invisible. But after walking for a few steps and not being noticed, she was sure of it.

“Where could the files be at?” asked Glaiza.

Rhian glanced around and saw a plate saying ‘Human Resource Department’ at the far right of the floor.

“There! Let’s go,” said Rhian, pulling Glaiza with her.

They walked carefully, trying not to bump into other people or knock things down. They managed to get to the HR department without causing a ruckus. They reached a door with the sign Archive Room. Glaiza looked around to check if anyone noticed before turning the knob and entered the door.    

But as soon as they entered the door, they saw someone.

Rhian gasped.

It was Lovi.

She was sitting on a chair at the only table in the room, alone. She looked sad.

Glaiza nudged Rhian, and they looked at each other.

“What is she doing here?”

“She’s also working under this agency, so maybe she came by for work?”

“And sit in the archive room?”

Rhian shrugged.

Glaiza sighed, “What are we going to do now?”

“We can’t search the files with her around. It’ll look like a scene from a horror movie with the drawers opening and closing by itself,” replied Rhian.

“Then?”

“Let’s wait for a bit.”

Suddenly, the door opened. Rhian and Glaiza quickly backed away and leaned against the drawers.

It was Bianca.

Rhian raised an eyebrow, “What are they doing here?”

Bianca walked to Lovi and then put a hand on her shoulder. Lovi held her hand and they looked at each other.

“Are they like… having a secret meeting here?” asked Rhian in disbelief.

“She had been missing for a week. I don’t understand why,” said Lovi suddenly.

“Her PA said she’s doing a character research. She’s just very focused with her work, that’s all.”

“Maybe that’s just an excuse for her to break up with me.”

“Don’t be silly, Lovi.”

Bianca gently stroked the younger girl’s hair.

“And if that happens, you still have me.”

Rhian scoffed, “I knew it.”

Lovi stood up from her chair and took both Bianca’s hands.

“B…”

“We tried before, but it didn’t work between us.”

Bianca gulped.

“Right now, I really like Rhian,” added Lovi.

Glaiza felt a slight pang in her heart. Rhian glanced at her but she stuck her tongue out when their eyes met. She wasn’t sure why she did that. Rhian grinned while Glaiza stared at the wall to conceal her blush.

“Why do you like Rhian so much?” asked Bianca suddenly.

“B…”

“She’s a spoiled brat who treats others as if they are lower than her. You like her?”

Lovi gulped.

“Or do you just like her fame and cash?”

Lovi didn’t reply, and instead, she just looked away.

The older girl scoffed, “You’re just the same as others. I hope she leaves you.”

Bianca left the room and soon, Lovi did too. Rhian and Glaiza were still glued to each other’s arms and stood by the metal drawers in shock.

Glaiza glanced at Rhian and saw the look on her face. She seemed crushed. Though she forced herself to smile, the look was still in her eyes.

“Le-Let’s find the file,” she said, pulling Glaiza along.

Glaiza followed her and they went over the lines of drawers that were arranged alphabetically to look for the female makeup artist’s name.

As they walked, Rhian stumbled on her steps and almost fell down. Luckily, Glaiza was there to support her from falling.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

Rhian looked at Glaiza, not saying anything. But she seemed pale and there were glistens in her eyes.

“Hey, you can talk to me. Don’t keep it bottled up inside.”

Rhian shook her head and let go of Glaiza. She leaned against a drawer and then sat down on the floor. Glaiza kneeled in front of her. Rhian blinked a few times and tears escaped her eyes. She quickly wiped them with her hands.

“You know… I don’t even like Lovi that much.”

“I was going to break up with her anyway. So what if she’s tall and sexy? Short girls are attractive too,” she mumbled.

Glaiza chuckled.

“That brat doesn’t deserve me. I deserve someone much better.”

“Yes, you do,” said Glaiza, smiling.

They looked at each other and grinned.

“Pale face, do you have a boyfriend?”

Glaiza creased her eyebrows, confused.

“No I don’t.”

“Girlfriend?”

“No.”

“Then what are you? A nun?”

Glaiza shrugged, “I’m just not pretty…”

Rhian’s eyes widened, “What? How could you say that about yourself?”

Glaiza shrugged again, “It’s true.”

“Even though you don’t have all those supermodel features, you’re not ugly… you’re cute.”

Rhian cleared her throat, “I mean for a thickbrowspaleskin species, you’re pretty cute.”

“What the heck is thickbrowspaleskin species?!”

“It’s a new species. They are medium size, pale and have thick eyebrows.”

“But they have kind hearts,” Rhian slowly added.

Glaiza’s cheeks turned red again and this time, so did Rhian.

They both looked away.

“Let’s hurry up and find the girl’s address.”

“Ye-Yes let’s do that.”

**

They found the girl’s file and in it, there were her employment forms complete with address and phone number. Glaiza suggested that they should drive there and meet her in person.  Rhian obliged without question.

It took them almost 2 hours to drive to the girl’s address. The address she provided led them to a village located just outside of Manila. Glaiza had to park her van by the road and they made way up the hill by foot.

“The houses here are… small,” mumbled Rhian.

“How do they live in houses like this? With their family too?” she added, mumbling.

“This is the life outside of your serviced penthouse. Not everyone could afford living in a place like yours,” Glaiza suddenly said.

Rhian bit her lip and kept mum. They continued walking as they looked for the address that Glaiza copied from the file. They were at the right street, but finding the right address was quite tricky since most of the houses had no number displayed.

They stopped at a house.

“I think this is it,” said Glaiza.

They looked at each other.

“Let’s hope she will forgive you,” Glaiza added before knocking on the wooden door.

**

Her name was Sanya Lopez.

When she opened the door, Glaiza was shocked. She explained to her that she came from the agency, and she was there to relay something. Sanya immediately welcomed her into the house, made her sit on the floor where there was a small table in front of an old-fashioned TV. She was such a polite young lady. She went to the kitchen to prepare tea for her, even though Glaiza strongly said it was okay. A minute later, Glaiza was joined by Sanya’s mother, her grandmother and her little brother. They naturally began chatting like a group of old ladies.

Rhian wasn’t sitting beside Glaiza because there was no space for her. The old women were flocking Glaiza as if she was a magician coming to entertain the kids. She had to admit that Glaiza was excellent with elderly people. She glanced at Glaiza and their eyes met.

Rhian smirked, “Looks like you have finally found your group of best friends.”

Glaiza glared at her, making the latter laugh in amusement.

“You blend in so well with them that I can’t tell which one’s the real you.”

“Oh wait, you’re the thickbrows one,” she added, teasing.

Soon, Sanya appeared from the kitchen with a small tray with a teapot and 3 cups. She sat with them and poured a cup of tea for Glaiza.

“Thank you,” said Glaiza before she took a sip from the cup.

Sanya looked at Glaiza and smiled.

“I hope you like the tea.”

“Yes, it’s really good. I like it.”

“So, you said you’re from the agency?” she suddenly asked.

Glaiza nodded and put down her cup back on the table.

“Yes, that’s true.”

“What is it that you want to tell me?” she asked, curious.

Glaiza glanced at Rhian who was actually sitting behind Sanya. Rhian nodded at Glaiza, asking the latter to proceed.

“Ms. Lopez, do you remember Ms. Rhian Howell?” she asked.

Rhian’s facial expression changed, she seemed alarmed.

“Yes, of course I do. I worked as her makeup artist for 3 years.”

“And then she fired me.”

Rhian looked down, not saying anything. Glaiza stared at the younger girl, not sure of what to say.

“Since my father passed away, I am the only one who was providing for this family. When she laid me off the job, I was so devastated.”

“She fired me because of one mistake.”

Rhian looked at Sanya from behind.

“I’m… sorry.”

*****

Awww.. 😢

Don't forget to vote guys. Comment na dn kung ano tingin nio sa story. Salamats. Tayo na at magbreakfast..

Sa mga pupunta sa cemetery ngayong araw, mag-iingat po kayong lahat.  😚

Sa mga nacucurious sakin kung ano itsura ko.hmmm....gusto nio ba ako makita? 😂😂😂