Sunday

Sundays around our house were low key for the most part. Harry usually woke up first. He would make love to me slow and sweetly like he'd waited all week to touch me and was going to take his time. One of us would cook breakfast and then we'd go our separate ways for an hour or two. Harry usually went for a run while I either finished up some reading or went shopping with my sister and Angie. We'd come back together for dinner and end up on the couch watching something on Netflix.

But today was different. When Harry woke up, he kissed my cheek and went for his run early. I guess I could've been alarmed that he didn't roll over and slot himself between my legs like he usually did but after the week we'd had I knew it had nothing to do with the fact that he didn't want me.

Today was the final day for my experiment, so while he was gone I decided to get started on my article. Harry was gone for an hour and a half and in that entire span of time, I wrote three words.

Now that is what was alarming.

I didn't know what I wanted to write. What had been my goal here? Harry and I had an amazing relationship and great sex life before I'd started this. What had I learned?

I was knee deep in a panic when I heard the front door close. Harry was back. I closed my laptop and went to collapse on the bed. I heard Harry snicker when he walked in,

"Still in bed?"

"I'm a failure." I said into the pillow.

I felt the bed shift when Harry laid down next to me,

"A failure? A failure at what?"

I lifted my head out of the pillow, waiting while Harry pushed my hair out of my face before I opened my eyes,

"Life." I finally answered.

Harry laughed,

"Life? Bit dramatic, Love."

I shook my head, cuddling into the pillow,

"I've been graduated for months now and I still don't have a job. I'm still in my pajamas and it's almost noon."

Harry mimicked my position with the pillow,

"It's Sunday, Baby."

I flopped onto my back,

"So? You've run today and all I did was sit in front of my laptop."

Harry pushed himself onto his elbow, his other hand hooking over my hip as he pulled me towards him,

"I say again...it's Sunday, Baby."

I looked down, my fingers playing with the cuff of his jacket,

"I can't live off you forever."

Harry pecked a kiss to my mouth,

"Well you are draining my bank account so we'll have to talk about that soon."

I slapped at him as he rolled over to get up, peeling himself out of his running outfit. I pushed myself onto my elbows,

"The lingerie I have for you today is underwhelming."

Harry scoffed as he pulled his shirt off,

"I highly doubt that."

"It's God's day. I didn't want to be disrespectful."

He turned to me, his tattoos on full display,

"It's harder to get in the mood for fucking when you call it that."

I rolled my eyes,

"Ugh." I grunted as I fell back onto the bed.

I told myself that even though I couldn't write anything at the moment that it didn't mean anything. It would come to me. It always came to me.