Chapter 3 : The Test

On the following days, Gerald would drop by the flower shop and would ask Sarah out either for lunch or coffee. They would usually discuss about few things about their lives. Sarah is an open book so she openly discuss everything in her life. Gerald was amazed on how trusting this person is. He's starting to doubt that this girl in front of him is someone would do harm to anyone, more so to endanger the whole world. He knew he should keep himself guarded, but being with this girl, made him open up even a little. 

13:00, Manila, Philippines

It was already lunchtime, but Sarah has not showed up for work yet. It worried Gerald. He mentally punched himself for feeling such feelings. He shouldn't be worried about her, he thought. But he just said to himself that he's worried that he might have been conned by this young woman. Deep down he knew she's not that kind of woman, but he just needed a reason behind his feelings.

He decided to go inside and ask her co-workers. 

"Good afternoon guys, is Sarah around?" he asked.

Her friends smiled at him knowingly. It was creepy but he shrugged it off.

"Ikaw ba ay malinis ang intention sa kaibigan namin?" Her friend, Yeng asked bluntly.

"Excuse me?" Gerald asked a little shocked with her question.

"Ikaw talaga Yeng, dapat english. Kita mo naman na inglesero ung tao." Enchong said.

"No, I understood her. Nagulat lang ako." Gerald explained.

"Wow, nagtatagalog ka pala pre, ok lang bang magtagalog na lang tayo? Anyway, si Sarah po ay may sakit. Eto yung address ng bahay nya kung gusto mo syang dalawin." Enchong said which got a pinch from Yeng.

"Ikaw talaga, hindi pa nga natin kilala tong tao tapos binibigay mo na address ni Sars, malay mo kidnapper pala to, o kaya rapist, o kaya assassin, o kaya spy." 

Gerald smiled at Yeng trying to hide the uncertainty he felt when she mentioned spy. "Uhm, can I order flowers for her so I could bring it to her when I visit her." 

"Oh, yun naman pala Yeng oh, napakasweet ni Kuya Gerald. Kaya wag ka na mag-alala okay?" Enchong said to Yeng then he turned to Gerald. "Kuya, wait ka lang dyan. I'll arrange you some flowers for her for a very affordable price." He smiled.

He was left with Yeng who is looking at him from head to toe. He didn't know ordinary people could threaten a spy like him with those looks. When Enchong came back he gave her the bouquet  of flowers but not before whispering "Pag sinaktan mo si Sarah, lagot ka samin." He said then he smiled at him. 

Gerald knew not to be threaten by these guys. He was a spy and a trained assassin for goodness sake. But why does he felt like he needed to put those words into his heart. He wonders why just the thought of hurting Sarah brought him chills into his spine. 

He left the shop and went directly at her apartment. He knocked on the door, when he recognized the door was unlocked. He had a bad feeling about it, so he went inside. He reached for his gun, and discreetly looked for Sarah.

He entered a room, and there he saw her lying on her bed distressed. She was in great deal of pain. He was about to approach her, when he felt something hit his neck. He looked at it and saw a tranq dart. He pulled it away before everything went black.

17:00, Manila Philippines

Gerald woke up with a splitting headache, uncomfortable in his position. He saw himself in a white room, tied on a chair. He wasn't sure what happened, but he saw Sarah lying, unconscious on what somewhat hospital bed and a there are some stuffs attached to her head. He was busy scanning the room, when he heard the door. He looked at it and saw someone he despised right now.