“Ho-How did-

Lovi was speechless.

“Yeap, we’re even.”

And with that Rhian turned around and leaves Lovi alone at the table, flustered.

**

Rhian was sent back to her house by the agency’s driver later that evening after a meeting with the drama PD. She went straight into her room and for some reason it feels empty. It felt too spacious, too quiet. It’s been a while since she’d been in her own house and ironically it doesn’t feels like home. Too tired of the things that’d been playing in her head; she lay down on her bed, trying to sleep without even changing her clothes.

Minutes passes.

She tossed.

She pulled the blanket over her body.

She decreased the temperature of the room.

And she turned under the blanket.

But she still can’t sleep.

Soon she found herself staring at the ceiling.

She can’t ignore the feeling.

She misses Glaiza.

So much.

And no matter how hard she tried to get her off her mind, she can’t. She wondered what Glaiza was doing at the time. Was she sleeping? Or working? Why did she left? Why didn’t she pick up her calls?

She glances at the time on her phone, it was 10.20pm. She gasped.

There’s still time!

She got up from bed and rushed to her closet room. She opened all the doors and searched for the plainest looking jacket from her huge collection. A gray long jacket caught her attention, as it was plain and looked common. Hopefully no one will notice that it was from Burberry fall collection last year. She took a blue cap and a pair of glasses with large frames.

She stood in front of the mirror, checking her new look. 

Perfect.

I look common.

With her newfound confidence, she headed out of the house with a few thousand in her pocket.

She walked past the residence guards, but they weren’t suspicious of her. The two guard were busy chatting amongst themselves about the recent football match. She continued to walk until she reached the bus stop across the road. There were others waiting at the bus stop as well, a middle aged couple and a few school girls. Rhian stood in the middle of them, but they weren’t looking at her. A few minutes later, she was still there, unnoticed.

She smiled.

Her disguise was working.

A bus came, and she hopped on immediately.

Towards Han street.

** 

It was almost midnight.

Glaiza was sitting at the front desk, checking the bookings made for tomorrow. The house was fully booked until next week, something that had never happened before. There was a sudden surge of guests after the fiasco that morning.

Glaiza glanced out the glass door and frowned.

The black car was still there. The guesthouse had suddenly become a camping site for paparazzi.

She was also questioned by them when she first came back. She almost never made it into the house. Luckily Chynna and other staff helped her. Glaiza explained everything to her best friend, but the truth was too hard for her to digest, especially the invisible part. She had since passed out in her room.

All the sudden attention made Glaiza cautious all the time, even when she was inside the guesthouse. There could be reporters who disguised as guests and try to get the scoop from the inside. Like the two guests who were chatting at the lounge at the moment. They’ve been here since Glaiza came for her shift, and still there. It can’t be a coincidence.

Suddenly the front door beeped.

Someone entered the right password, and the door was opened. It could be a guest who came back late. The house provided guests with a special password if they came back after 11pm. A woman entered, she was wearing a long gray jacket, and half of her face was covered by her cap. It was hard to see her face.

Glaiza smiled, “Welcome back.”

But the woman didn’t answer; instead she walked straight to the counter.

She looked at Glaiza.

The girl behind the counter gulped.

It wasn’t a guest, it was Rhian.

“What are you doing here?” asked Glaiza, almost whispering.

“I have a lot of things I want to talk to you about. So many questions to ask, I can’t sleep unless I got them answered,” she replied, firm.

“I told you to wait for me today. Why did you left?” she continued.

She reached forward to take her hand. But the latter pulled it away.

Rhian was startled, “Wh-What’s wrong?”

“There are people here,” said Glaiza, glancing at the two guests.

“So?”

“I think they’re reporters in disguise. If you are caught here again with me, it will only make things worse. I don’t want to take any chances.”

Rhian sighed.

“Okay, fine. I’ll wait until they leave.”

**

The guests only left around 3am. By that time, Rhian who was waiting on a sofa had already fallen asleep. She slept with the cap covering her face.

Glaiza left the counter and walked towards the sleeping girl. She took a blanket that was kept under the counter with her. Slowly she approached Rhian, with careful steps and minimal sounds. She didn’t want to wake her up. The blonde girl was sleeping soundly, like she hadn’t slept in days. Glaiza sat next to her and examine her face.

Though she was sleeping, suddenly her eyebrows were creased.

“Bad dreams? Don’t be,” she whispered.

She took her right hand, and then rubbed it gently.

“I hope you will only have sweet dreams from now on. You’re now visible, so stop worrying about things that don’t matter, okay?”

She put one hand on Rhian’s cheek and caressed it softly. Rhian’s expression slowly changed, and she became calmer.

“Like me. Stop… worrying about me, or think about me,” she added.

She bit her lip, hesitant to continue.

“Just… forget about me and move on.”

Tears were brimming in her eyes.

“Rhian, I really like you too but…

…we’re just not meant for each other.”

She leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on the sleeping girl’s forehead. It was brief, and Glaiza quickly pulled herself away before she changed her mind.

“I’m doing this for you. Because I never care about someone… like I care about you,” she whispered.

With that she took her cell phone and dialed someone.

“Hello, Ms. Bianca? Yes, this is Glaiza.”

**

When Rhian opened her eyes, she had a blanket on. She sat up straight and looked at the counter, panicked if Glaiza had disappeared. But she was still there.

A smile plastered across her face as she saw her, “Glai…”