The ground was now dangerously close. Here's the thing; the fall wouldn't come close to killing me, but it'd still hurt. Really bad.

I closed my eyes and scrunched my face waiting for the painful impact. However; nothing happened. I opened my eyes only to see myself floating about five feet off the ground.

"Is there a reason that I'm saving my daughter from an extremely painful landing." The voice of my father questioned sarcastically.

Looking to the right I could see my dad leaning against the railing to my back porch a mug of coffee in hand. He took a casual sip from his mug, before putting it down revealing a smirk on his face.

Within seconds my body was dropped to the ground, not so gently might I add. Slowly I pulled myself up to a standing position in the grass fields.

I looked to my dad who was standing there a floppy a grin on his face. He rolled his eyes and let out a joking huff before opening his arms.

I practically flew over and began squeezing the living daylights out of him. "I love you." I mumbled into his chest.

"I love you too." He spoke softly. Before we continue allow me to give a quick explanation.

After; Defense Against the Dark Arts on Monday, Tom had opted to ignoring me. Anytime I even attempted to approach him he was gone in a matter of seconds. It was irritating to say the least.

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure Tom knew how much this bothered me as I caught him on multiple occasion throwing a smug smirk in my direction. Pretty much the entire week went by with me only seeing, Tom in class.

The worst part was we were Potions partners, and Tom still didn't talk to me. I had even tried to apologize to him and he continued ignoring me!

Along with that, in almost every single one of my classes students were learning about the 'history of our world and their's'. In simpler terms pretty much why the wizards drew a line between themselves and the other supernaturals.

It was Friday after Astrology and after the girls in my dorm were asleep I decided on spending a day at home. As fun as Hogwarts had been I couldn't deny the stress it put me under. As soon as I heard the snores I immediately travelled to the a week after I left home.

I begrudgingly pulled away before looking up to my father. His ever lasting youthful face held a certain joy to it.

"Where's mom?" I asked as we made our way inside. He took a sip of coffee before answering. "She ran to Walmart, said she had a feeling you'd be coming home today and wanted to make your favorite." My dad gave me a grin.

The two of us fell on the couch in the living room staring at the television which was playing the baseball game on it.

"She's making sweet and sour chicken!" I exclaimed excitedly. Hogwarts did have a lot of food, but not once this week did I spot sweet and sour chicken.

"Yep, and better yet guess who we invited over as well?"

"Cèleste and Jessica?" I asked as a large grin broke on my face.

"Yeah, and trust me when I say they're quite excited to start questioning you on how the Wizarding world's going. I am too, but I promised your mother that I'd wait to ask any questions until everyone's here." My dad let out an annoyed sigh.

"I'm surprised your actually listening." I rose an eyebrow but laughed when my dad held open his palm. On his palm was a symbol that looked close to a burn mark.

My mom had cursed him to physically not be able to question me. "She cursed you." I threw my head back laughing.

"You know how your mother is, if it weren't for this I would've already congratulated you on making Slytherin-" Before my dad could continue he jumped and let out a grunt.

I laughed hard noticing the curse had just zapped him. "Yeah I'm not suppose to talk about it at all." He said through his teeth in pain.

"Put this in the sink would you?" He questioned me holding out the now empty mug. I snapped wrist causing the mug to disappear from his hand and appear in the sink.

As soon as the mug disappeared my dad let out another groan before sinking into the couch. With raised eyebrows I turned to the TV turning it up watching the ball game with my dad.

"Momma's home!" I heard my shout as she walked through the garage door.

Within seconds I ran to where she was located in the kitchen putting the grocery's away. "Mom!" I shouted practically body tackling her.

My arms wrapped themselves around her waist and I rested my head against her chest. "Adriel." She mumbled into my hair.

She squeezed me back into a tight embrace. "I know it's only been a week, but I have missed you so much."

"Me too." I spoke out. After a few more moments she pulled away. Her hands rested on my shoulders as she studied my face with a smile adorning her features.

Her eyes traveled to my Slytherin school robes and a smile tugged at her lips. "Slytherin I see? Nice job."

I flashed her playful smile about to retort before a cough cut me off. We both turned to see my dad standing there holding up his cursed hand.

My mom scoffed at him before waving her hand making the mark disappear. "My god Cormac, patience."

"Say's you?" My dad scoffed walking over placed a kiss in my mother's lips. "You are the most impatient angel, I've ever met." He brought her into his body kiss in her hair lovingly.

I smiled at my loving parents. Their for each other was unbelievably strong, most would even think it impossible to love someone that much.

I want something like that. A nice house, someone to kiss me every night. A companion to get lost in time with, someone to laugh with, to cry with, someone who knows me inside out, a man to fall in love with.

My parents shared a love like that, and it was something I grew up wanting. They shared something called the soul-mate bond.