#17 | Lonely Stars

#17

L   o   n   e   l   y        S   t   a   r   s

[ Random Sentiment ]

The stars wink at me as they take a peek from behind the dark curtain of sky. They look playful and beautiful as they adorn the deep, dark sea with their luminence.

Are they really winking, or are those glittering tears they can't hold?

I wonder if they die happy as they suffocate in the darkness that surround them. They burn bright in the infinite sky, hugged by a vast expanse of space. They might look brilliant and intimidating, but far away, they're just like little fireflies in the night.

We admire them for the beauty they bring and how they complete the black canvas of sky, but I think we fail to see the hidden thing that's actually staring us in the face for very long. I think it's sad how each sky-diamond is separated from each other for eternity, not able to even touch another soul.

Despite their beauty, sprinkled in the deep night sky, I think they hide a loneliness that would eventually lead to an empty part in them. But they can't release the loneliness, because it's a part of their lives.

I think the reason why stars explode is because they can't contain the sadness anymore of being alone for life.

And when they explode, they die.

I guess it really is true that beauty hides darkness inside. Once a star dies, it releases the darkness it's been keeping inside for so long, and now that darkness would suck life out of anything who tries to come too close to it. And it scares me and makes me sad at the same time. Maybe that's why that absorbing darkness is called a black hole.

What people don't understand is that stars live a hard life.

And yet people want to be like them.