Silence.

“You said it wasn’t fair that I left after the canteen incident, so it’s not fair for you to disappear like this too.”

Glaiza looked around her, and there was nothing but silence. She knew she shouldn’t expect much. The light might’ve flickered due to some technical problems.

She sighed.

“I guess I was only talking to myself then.”

She turned around and was about to leave when she heard something.

It was a sob.

Like someone was crying.

It was out of nowhere and it only lasted in a couple of seconds.

Glaiza scanned the hallway again, but there was no one else there but her. Then where did the sob came from?

“Rhian, did… something happen to you?”

“You are here, aren’t you? But why can’t I see you?”

Glaiza gasped, “Was it because of me?”

“Okay if you’re here, listen to me.”

Glaiza took a deep breath before continuing.

“Yes, what you did to me 9 years ago was really cruel. I should hate you for ruining my life, and I did. That’s why I threw the memory of you out of my life and moved on. I thought I’ll be happier that way, as long as I don’t see you again but…

…I was wrong.”

“I was never happy.”

“Until you came to me.”

Glaiza chuckled, “It’s ironic, and I can’t even understand it myself why am I helping you, why I care so much about you then it came to this conclusion…”

“I had forgave you.”

And I… had fallen for you, again.

Glaiza stopped and looked at the empty hallway. There wasn’t any sound. Maybe Rhian was never there and she was talking to herself all along.

She sighed and shook her head. Even though she was alone she still felt embarrassed saying the last part aloud.

Suddenly,

“Glai-…” called someone.

Glaiza looked up immediately, her eyes widen in shock. She can’t believe it. She wasn’t alone at the hallway.

Rhian Howell was standing in front of her.

She wasn’t sure where she came from but she was there. As if she magically appeared.

The latter was staring straight at her; her eyes were swollen like she was crying too much. She was sobbing, and the sound was identical as the one that Glaiza heard a while ago. She was still wearing the clothes that she last seen her in 2 weeks ago, and her hair was disheveled. Rhian looked like she hasn’t eaten or slept in days. There were dark circles around her eyes and she was pale as a ghost.

Tears were running down her cheeks as she continued, “Thank you…”

Glaiza didn’t get the chance say anything when she suddenly fell unconscious. On impulse she stepped forward and managed to pull into her embrace before she fell down.

“Rh-Rhian!!!”

**

When Rhian opened her eyes, she realized that she was lying on the bed in a small room.