chapter 5 ☄️🏜🏀

☄️🏜🏀
Some homophobia mentioned

Second period: PE,
Ugh who thought it would be a good idea for kids to have to wake up at 6:30 am, go to a building for 7 hours tearing hamstrings and being bored to death? Because I don't want to meet that person.

I get into the locker room and open my gym locker. Swiftly taking my shirt off and replacing it with an under amor tank top.

I'm pretty late, so I change hastily.

As I'm just about to close my locker, I hear the door open and 2 pairs of feet approach.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Jack grazer."

A gravely voice mutters behind me, sounding like the most cliche bully ever.

I recognize the voice right away. It's none other than Christian and one of his friends. I think his name is miles? I should know by now, they've been tormenting me for a while now.

I don't know Miles as well as I knew Christian; Christian and I were friends all of 7th grade. And we were pretty close, but then I decided to come out to him as gay.

I should've known better. I thought we were such good friends and he'd be supportive, instead he decided to not only break up as best friends, but bully me. So every chance he'd get he'd trip me, or call me a 'fag' or egg my house. He never really beat me up. But I guess his hatred grew over time.

He strutted over to me, slowly. I could feel some tears form in my eyes but I looked away I didn't want him to think I was weak.

Too late.

I heard a sinister chuckle erupt. I don't have to know if it was from him spotting my tears, and it didn't matter, the noise made my skin grow goosebumps anyhow. 

I decided to make a run for the door. And I moved so swiftly, that when I felt a hand just grab the fabric of my shirt collar I let out a small whimper from the pressure to my neck.

"Where do you think your going gay boy?" I heard behind me. "Yeah to the gay pride parad-" Miles was cut off by Christian elbowing him in the arm. "Shut up miles you sound stupid" I heard Chris hiss at him.

Then, I felt my shoulders began to be pinned up to the cold hard locker wall. Desperate to get away, I spat on his face and tried to squirm. To no prevail. All Christian did was push harder making my back begin to bruise.

His hand was only like 5 inches away so I bit as hard as I could.

" you little shit!"

I heard as I desperately sprinted to the exit. Just before I reached the door I felt two hands grab ahold of my shoulders. It was Miles.

He brought my struggling body over to Christian who did not hesitate to sock me in the face five excruciatingly hard times.

I collapsed to the floor and I felt 2 pairs of feet kick onto my stomach, face, legs, arms, wherever they could reach. I just laid down in a ball sobbing and whimpering in pain.

Then it stopped and they just laughed and laughed darkly. A wave of pain and relief washed over me when I heard the door open and close. I started to feel a bloody nose and a fat lip form on my face. But I was in too much pain to care.

Then I heard the door open, and rushed footsteps toward my body. Bracing myself expecting it to be Christian for round two.

Instead, I heard "Shit! Shit! Shit! Jack are you alright!?"

It was my favorite voice in the world.

Finn's.

He was beside me with his arms resting on my waist. He had his two fingers on my neck to feel my pulse.

"Uh finn.. that's not necessary I'm not dead" I weakly chuckled and groaned. 

Finn sighed in relief and helped me onto my feet. He helped my clean my face up and with one arm supporting me we walked out of there. He asked me if I wanted to skip school and go to his house and I agreed. So we walked home.