Chapter 3 - Feeling Sensitive

ابدأ من البداية

"Just get the dress on and let me see it, I want to see how good it looks!" she squeals as I pull the last strap over my shoulder and set out in clear view so she can get a good look. Looking down to adjust the way the dress falls over my chest I see her turn around. I froze at her facial expression.

Her mouth was open as she walks towards me, she's breathless as she says, "Paige.. holy shit." Once she reaches me she reaches out to my waist and pulls the fabric that was folded over to reveal a slit that goes to mid thigh right in the front of the dress. She gasped, "You look so beautiful.. and the way the slit exposes your gorgeous legs you'll.." She looks up at my face and moves my hair, and I couldn't stop the smile that spreads across my face. "You'll look like a goddess on the carpet or anywhere wearing that dress."

Blushing I glance at the floor and say, "You.. You really think so?"

"See for yourself, you really do look amazing Paige."

Walking over to the full length mirror I looked myself over. Cassie was right, this dress is beautiful, and the way it hugs my body is perfect. Not too tight, and not too loose. I loved it. I wanted to see the way it moved while I walked so I took a few steps back and walked toward the mirror. The dress moved around my body slightly exposing the right amount of leg from the slit in the dress. Placing my hand on my hip and the other lightly on the opposite thigh of the slit,  sticking my leg slightly out of it trying to pose as if someone were taking my picture. 

Cassie stifled a laugh from behind me, "What are you doing? 

"I'm pretending I'm on the red carpet or something and people are taking my picture, to see how I'd look." I laughed, "I know it sounds silly Cass, but I don't even know if I feel comfortable around that many cameras.. Everyone will see if I look like a fool."

"Don't worry, you look great girl." She smiled as she picked up an outfit handing it to me, "Now go try this on, its the next best thing.. I think."

I had tried on a few more dresses and outfits only finding one that I didn't like, my stylist knew my taste and how everything would look. Props to her. Cassie ended up liking the outfit and taking it. We were having such a good time laughing and reminiscing that it felt like it always was, things were different I couldn't deny that, but it still felt good to have her here with me. We were down to the last dress, it was an all white maxi dress that went up to your neck like a choker. It was shaped similar to an hour glass and I doubted that it would look good on me. The back was such a beautiful lace pattern with diamonds embedded into it. Cassie glanced over at me and I could tell that she loved this dress as much as I do.

"Okay, why don't you pick your jaw off the floor while I go try this on, yeah?" 

I wasn't going to waste any time with putting the dress on I was way too excited to see what it looked like, "Cass, I'm going to need your help in a sec. I can't reach the clip that holds the choker in place." 

I stepped into sight holding the back of my neck while I shimmied the rest of the dress into place. Cassie just gasped and put her hands over her mouth while staring at me. She moved behind me as I moved my hands placing them on my thighs. Looking myself over my mouth fell open when I turned around to see the lace pattern, "Holy shit Cass, I think I'm in love."

So entranced by the dress neither of us heard the front door open or close. "Paige, that is THE dress you're going to wear to your next event. This or that first black dress with the slit. Holy shit man." she squealed. "I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that my best friend plays my favourite character in the movie. It's just so surreal!"

I couldn't help but smile at hearing that, it means we've made some progress to move pass the tension between us.

"You don't know how happy it makes me to hear you say that Cassie. I've been feeling so guilty since our fight the other day, and I feel as if we're drifting apart." Tears started to form in my eyes and I quickly try to wipe them before they fall, "Rainer keeps saying that things are going to change... that nothing will be the same. And I don't want to believe him Cassie, I really don't. But I feel it already happening."