He eyed her satisfied look weirdly.

"Well, they sure look like one," he remarked, shuddering. Just after he said that his eyes landed over to the man standing on the far end of the room. James saw that he had finished talking with one of the agents and was heading their way. "Oh, crud."

"Does my love for gummy worms distract you too much?" Allie questioned, taking in his troubled expression.

"No—don't look. Dad's coming this way. Pretend we didn't notice him." James informed, quickly getting into position as if he's busy doing something only to end up looking more awkward, "Err..."

"What on earth are you doing?" she hissed, looking at his uncomfortable state.

"Pretending I'm doing something—oy! Don't look at him!" James chastised when his sister started to look over her shoulder.

She was startled at his sudden rise of tone and sighed. "Till now, I still wonder how you became the leader of our group."

"Als!" he scolded.

"Right, right. I'm not talking to you." Allie said nonchalantly, giving her back to him. "I'm simply standing here while casually helping myself to my own gummy worms and being as normal as possible like a human being—oh! What are the odds! Look, it's Captain Rogers."

They saw Steve walking towards their direction and stopped when he was in front of the two. His eyebrows furrowed as if he's in deep thought. He pointed at her, "It's Allie, right?"

She nodded, smiling, "Bingo. We have a winner!"

James fought the urge to roll his eyes at his sister's antics. The captain then turned to the blonde behind her, he was leaning against the vending machine with arms crossed in an unnatural way. "And you are... James?" he tried.

James stood up straight, giving a nod, "I guess it's surprising to know you didn't forget our names."

"Well, it's not every day I see two young agents getting lost in the facility at night." Steve mused, smirking. "So, what are you guys up to today? Did Maria gave you that tour?"

Allie opened her mouth to answer, "Uhmm.. we... we were about to but she seemed rather busy so we decided to do the tour by ourselves. We get lost every now and then but we managed somehow." she finished with a smile, before extending her hand to him. "Gummy worm?"

Steve simply stared at it, not knowing exactly what to do. "Er... what is it?"

"It's not actually... a real worm if that's what you're so worried about." she clarified. Steve glanced at James with a confused look, almost asking him if it was actually edible.

James was shaking his head furiously, mouthing a 'No'. Allie seemed to sense this and whipped around to catch him in the act.

She sent him daggers causing him to shut up. She turned back to Steve with a polite smile, "I promise. It won't kill you." As if to prove her point, she took one and bit the candy as well.

Steve took a deep breath, accepting her offer. "Alright then."

He ate a piece as the two siblings waited in anticipation for him to finish eating. Once they saw a lump bobbed down in his throat, they watched him silently.

"Well?" she urged, waiting for his reply.

Steve gave her an approving look, "It's actually good." he remarked. "Nobody ever told me about this— uhmm... what are they again?"

"Gummy worms." Allie filled in, before turning to her brother with a smug look. "Ha! See? I told you they're good!" she let out triumphantly, letting the grin reached her ears.