Part II

PART II

"Sometimes, the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry beyond closed doors and fight battles no one knows about." - www.romanceneverdies.com

Three months later...

Sabrina blushed in embarrassment when she failed to serve the shuttlecock for the umpteenth time. Daniel was trying to correct the way she served the ball but she was just clumsy not to understand what he was talking about.

"Mom, I told you that you need to point the shuttlecock towards the racket," Daniel whined at her. "Janine and Dad are getting tired of waiting on the other side."

Not only Janine and David were waiting for her to serve the ball correctly, but also they were laughing, but not in an insulting way. Well, it seemed that an angry Daniel was a funny thing to see. That was why Sabrina can't concentrate. She had gotten how to serve the shuttlecock correctly.

"Okay, sober up!" Sabrina exclaimed, looking at David and Janine pointedly. "I get it now how to serve the shuttlecock, but you guys are so hilarious, so I can't concentrate. Okay? Game!" She served the shuttlecock and aimed it to David's direction. Quickly, David returned the shuttlecock towards her. Successfully, she returned it to Janine who missed it.

"One-love!" Daniel yelled, announcing their score. Sabrina was glad that she can play badminton with them. Three months ago, if she wanted to watch them play badminton, which was the twins' and David's favorite game, she would go to her balcony. She had never imagined herself that one day she would be accepted by her children.

So far, things were good. Daniel and Janine would often tell Sabrina what happened at school every day. They started sharing secrets to her. As for David, it was another story.

The game ended quickly, and Sabrina was surprised to realize that they won. Daniel was so good at badminton! He had told her, "Mom, just stand on the base line and watch me, but be careful when the ball's heading your way. You have to avoid it and let me hit it for you." Of course, she obeyed him. Not once had David and Janine scored a point.

Then, Daniel arrogantly commented that his awesome dad was getting old. David was a badminton genius, Sabrina knew. However, Daniel was a healthy teenager who had long endurance and power, and he inherited his prowess from his dad. He had surpassed his dad already at age 13.

"Idiotic son. I was tired today, that's why you lost," David rolled his eyes. Clearly, he had his pride to maintain. Sabrina giggled at that thought. She was already seeing her husband in a different level. She had never realized that he had been looking at her the whole time.

He whispered something to Daniel, who laughed out loud and whispered something back. Janine eavesdropped successfully. Were they fooling her? Why am I feeling this way? Something pinched her chest in pain. Sabrina didn't know but she was feeling bad, so she just sat down on the bench on the side, trying to control her facial expressions.

Maybe, they had plans for her. She just sighed sadly, looking at the floor.

David was so pissed for losing the game, but he was so pressured. He was determined to win for the sake of Sabrina, who was expecting him to be really good at the game. However, her curious expression was distracting him. His time reaction was messed up since he had been staring at her the whole time.

"I was trying to win for your mom," he whispered to Daniel, who laughed out loud.

"Dad, you suck. Just give her flowers. I'm sure she'll love that. That's what girls like, right?" Daniel whispered back with a smirk. He nudged him. "Come on, dad, ask her out already. You're such a coward!"