26. REVELATIONS........

Start from the beginning

"oh noo..........toh yeh sab pehle batana chahiye tha na..........jaroori baat chodkar tum mujhse yahaan wahaan ki baatein karne mein lage hua the..........ab yaad aaya tumhe?........".........she began with yet another blaming marathon, only to lead Dev to smack his head annoyingly..........

"arrey baba mujhe thodi na pata tha?.......aur tum kaunsa mujhe baat karne ka mauka deti ho........jab dekho tumhe apni baat kehni hai.........ab meri baat dhyaan se suno.........abhi Dad ka call aya tha, unhe koi important matter discuss karna hai toh woh yahaan aa rahe hai...........ab isse pehle ki woh yahaan aaye aur tumhe dekle, tum yahaan se chali jao aur kahin chup jaana......jab tak woh chale nahin jaate tab tak"............they were busy cribbing and blaming each other when the knock on the door brought them back to reality..........

Dev gave her an angered look.........."aur karo jhagda...........ab Dad ko jo batana hai, woh tum hi batao...........main ekdum chup rehne waala hoon........it's all your fault.........jitna time mujhse ladne mein lagaya, utna time Dad se chipne keliye use karti to yeh nahin hota........now be set to face his questions...."............Dev scolded her as she stuffed her things haphazardly in her handbag.........running into her favorite hideout..........the washroom..........

********************************

Jay entered the cabin, patting Dev's cheeks affectionately, but soon stopped giving a confused look, he could smell ladies perfume in the cabin............."Dev, yahaan koi aur bhi kaam karta hai kya tumhare saath?............yeh ladies perfume ki mehek kahan se aa rahi hai?..........."............he looked onto Dev for explanation.......

Dev looked in the direction of the washroom, hoping Sona would not be caught in his cabin by his Dad, Dev was about to speak, when Tina entered the cabin .........."Good Morning Jay Sir, yeh rahi aapki special coffee..........".............she placed the tray on Dev's desk, as Dev hoped his dad wouldn't say something which could instill a doubt in her mind about him & Sona...........

"Sir Ms Malhotra aaj bhi office nahin aayi kya?........dikhayi nahin de rahi hai subah se........."...........she remarked being doubtful about Sonakshi's sudden disappearance, as Dev gritted his teeth at his helplessness, and Jay shot a confused look at the scene unfolding infront of him............he just couldn't make a head & tail out of why was his son's P.A. asking him about some random employee, when he had even more grave jobs to do at his office rather than marking attendance for his employees.......

"Tina Ms Malhotra aayi hain office aaj, maine hi unhe kisi kaam se neeche bheja hai......you need not bother about her............you should leave now..........mujhe apne Dad se kuch confidential discuss karna hai..........."...........he glanced furiously at Tina indicating her to leave...........Tina meekly mouthed a "Yes Sir......"...........and left the cabin without protesting.........while Jay turned to Dev, demanding an explanation.......

"Dad....woh........".........he had just begun, when Jay cut him off..........."yeh sab kya hai Dev..........tumhari secretary tumhe kisi random employee ke baare mein kyun pooch rahi hai..............aur yeh Ms Malhotra kaun hai?.......woh tumhare saath yahaan baith kar kaam karti hai kya?......yeh perfume ki smell jo aa rahi hai......usiki haina?.........answer me Dev......."...........Jay's anger was rising every second, as Dev was scared to the core now..........."Dad please.........I can explain.......please hear me out first...."...........Dev pleaded........

It took some time for Jay to absorb the details, which Dev was feeding to him...........Dev did tell him few things, smartly skipping the fact that Sona had joined his office..........he just told him that this particular employee had recently joined the office and was now helping him out with his presentations.........initially Jay was confused as to from when did his son start feeling the need of keeping helpers with him for his presentations..........Dev very smartly made him believe that his work load had increased and hence there was a need to increase his employee strength........"accha woh sab chodiye Dad, ab aap jiss kaam keliye yahaan aaya hoon woh kar lein?..........humare project ke baare mein discuss karein?...........".............Dev diverted the topic as Jay nodded positively....