Tina was silent for a moment, the words reflecting in her mind. Then she smiled at him. "You chose the title I came up with?"

"I... suppose I did," Newt said. He shuffled then, not meeting her eye. Had he? Of course. Her title was exactly what he'd needed. It was something that captured the amazingness of the creatures while also showing that the book was informative. He may have liked it a little extra because she'd come up with it, but he'd never admit to it.

"Um, are you hungry? We could... go get coffee. Or-or tea, depending on your taste," Tina suggested hopefully. Her face mirrored the same look she'd given him on the docks as he left. Entirely happy, but under all of that, sad. Newt grew curious as to why she was sad.

"I'd like that," he said. Tina smiled and motioned with her head for him to follow her.

Together they walked down a few stretches of sidewalk, side by side. The sun was starting to warm up the city, so Tina eventually shrugged off her coat and held it over her arm. She saw Newt eyeing something a few feet ahead, and looked at the sign. "Kowalski Bakery."

"Newt, do you think it would be wise if-"

"I think it would be a bit silly to do, but I would very much like to visit our old friend. Even though he won't remember us..."

Tina nodded sadly. She'd been able to get over losing her friend quickly, but Queenie has been an entirely different story. Her sister had been utterly devastated and heartbroken for weeks. The bell jingled as her and Newt walked in, the scent of freshly cooked rolls and pastries hitting her nose as soon as she stepped through the doorway. She sighed at the warmth, immediately feeling hungry enough to eat the entire bakery in one sitting. Tina and Newt walked up to the counter, and she admired the intricate designs of the treats. The shapes looked oddly familiar, and it only took Tina a few seconds to register that the food was shaped to look like Newt's creatures. The rolls looked like nifflers, another looked like the erumpent. She admired them from afar until Jacob came up to them, a jolly smile on his face. "Slow day today, you're my first visitors. What would you two like?"

Newt and Tina placed their orders and strolled to a nearby seat where they sat together in silence. Instead of speaking, they both admired the incredible figures that were in front of them. "Jacob's work is incredible," Tina mused, taking a bite of the roll she'd ordered. "As is the taste."

"Absolutely incredible," Newt agreed. "If only he could remember us..."

Newt knew that it could never happen, that muggles couldn't know about magic in America. If he still felt as melancholy as he did about what'd happened, he could only imagine how Queenie was handling the loss. She'd been the closest with Jacob, so close that neither Tina nor Newt's accords with him were even eligible to compare. Queenie had known everything about him. She'd known his secrets, his story, his everything. Granted, she knew the same for Newt and Tina, but she was in love with Jacob. Something entirely incomparable with friendship.

Tina sighed, a sad look on her face. "You know we can't," she said, picking at her roll. "MACUSA wouldn't allow it. Queenie and I... we'd lose our jobs."

As if she was on cue, the doorbell jingled again and the younger blonde walked in. Jacob's entire demeanor changed and he brightened up when he saw her. "Miss Goldstein," he said, tipping his head in respect. Queenie emitted a giggle, not noticing the two staring at her only a few feet away. That was, until she sensed their thoughts. Queenie turned around hurriedly to face Newt and Tina, who both avoided her eye.

"Queenie..." Tina said, not knowing what else to say but showing obvious disappointment. "You can't..."

"I'm sorry- I can't help it. Jacob's just so..." Queenie was also at a loss for words. She'd finally been caught, after spending seven months coming in and out of the bakery to visit him. They were short, rushed visits, just so she could check on him and make sure he was doing alright. Jacob had somehow managed to fall in love with her all over again, something that filled Queenie with a deep sadness. It was forbidden for anything to happen, she knew, and it made her heart ache in a way she'd only ever read in books.