Chapter 12

Well that's weird?" I said in tone that most people thought was scary. Because I use this tone as a way to scare someone or to be sarcastic, duh.

Before I continued Zane said, "What's-"

"It's a new way of asking someone. But still, I'd be glad to be your-I mean I'd be happy for you to be my boyfriend? Does that even make-" I couldn't even finish my sentence because, Zane pulled me in for a bear hug.

It may have been a childish way of saying it but, I really didn't have words.

"So, we're," Zane pointed to himself than to me and continued, "a couple?"

I smacked my head, okay maybe, gently hit my forehead, and said, "You've got to be kidding me. No offence, but even I wouldn't ask that question after that long "speech" I said." I replied, quoting, 'speech.'

"Sorry, I just have to hear it to believe it. I mean I don't do that for everything. But this isn't one of those dumb, stupid, no good things." He said.

You really like to apologize, don't you Zane? I asked myself.

"Fine. I'll say it one last time but that's it. I might breakup with you if you ask me to say it again." I said, I took a breath and said, "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend. Someone who you can trust with everything."

"Good. Cause I've been waiting all this summer to do this." Zane said. At the same exact moment he leaned forward looked at my eyes, than to my lips, than back to my eyes and kissed me.

"You've been waiting?" I asked curiously. For your information, we stopped kissing a few seconds after he kissed me. Though, I won't say if I kissed him back.

"Yeah. May sound stupid, but I don't know, there was just an urge, that I couldn't get rid of." Zane said.

"You could've kissed me when we started hanging out." I said under me breath. I really hope he didn't hear that. But I knew what he felt, I felt the same, ever since we started hanging out. And ever since I knew that I was going to lose the bet no matter what.

"What was that? I thought I heard you say, that I could've kissed you before?" Zane asked me. Still facing me, with my hands in his.

"What, huh, pshh, what're you talking about." I said fastly.

"Oh, forget it, Zadie. By the way, why'd Dan call you ZJ?"

"Oh, it's basically my initials. Zadie Jane O'Keffe. Basically I could say I was, Zadie Jane OK or ZJ O'Keffe."

"Well then can I call you that?" Zane said.

"Uhh, sure. But way to ruin the moment, Zane. Let's get something to eat I'm hungry." I said.

Zane nodded and I lead him to the nearest food store and headed to the candy section.

"I thought you said you were hungry." Zane laughed a bit and then said that.

"I am." I took a bar of chocolate before saying, "I'm hungry for some chocolate, sushi, and bubble tea. You need to know that my go to food is sushi. What was I thinking, I should've told you earlier."

"Alright then, let's go get sushi. I'm hungry as well."

"Weird thing to say but, you've got good a vocabulary." I said dragging Zane to the sushi section.

"Thanks, I get 'A's in English every year." Zane said looking down at the selection of sushi.

"Wow, I only get 'B's. What about in math, what was your grade?" I asked, leading Zane and myself to a table after we've payed, separately, for our food.

"I hate to say this, 'cause it might sound like I'm bragging. But I get 'A's almost every year for Math too." Zane said, his head hanging low.

"Aww, don't think your bragging. To be honest I hate saying I get 'A's as well." I said as I ate a piece of sushi.

"Really? I never knew. So the skateboarding . . ."

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked.

"Mind teaching me?" Zane asked.

"Sure. Do you have a board?"

"No, but after this can we get one? If it's alright."

"No problemo. Let's hurry up and finish our food though." I said. Immediately I took bite after bite of sushi. With tiny breaks after 2 pieces of sushi for iced tea, they didn't have bubble yea so I had to get iced tea, it's still good though.

Once we were done I pulled Zane up and dragged him to my favourite skateboard shop.

"Pick any and I'll see if it fits you." I told Zane