All and all, the books were nothing but a nuisance to him. He doubted anything would change his mind about this. While his friends weren't so happy about the books either, there was at least one person who hated the books probably as much as him, and that person and his friends had just finished reading the thirteenth chapter.

Draco Malfoy sat gloomily on his bed, reflecting that not long ago he was in a similar position with a completely different opinion on the book he'd just finished reading. Before he was eager to read, not anymore. The only thing that made him feel better was the fact that Potter didn't seem to be enjoying things better than him. He had no urge to contact any more reporters about Potter's life, partially because nothing really came of it last time. Also partially because something just told him not to.

Draco put his quill away. Blaise, the secret nerd he was, was serious about analyzing Weasel's behavior for any potential Slytherin qualities. Therefore in response to such a ridiculous time waster, Draco did the opposite as he said he would. He didn't really enjoy it but he would be damned if he were proven wrong. Blaise also went above and beyond and started looking into qualities of Slytherin in Potter and Granger, so Draco did the same and glared at Blaise as much as possible as he did it.

"Snape, dear God. How can one innocent man be so suspicious? The mystery is solved and everyone knows he's not the one behind it all and even I suspect him." Blaise said.

"Agreed. I mean he asked Quirrell if he managed to get past Hagrid's beast yet." Pansy said. "He couldn't be more suspicious if he tried."

"Potter shouldn't be following Snape anyway, though." Draco said. "He should mind his own, bloody business."

"What's up your ass?" Pansy asked irritatedly.

"Didn't you read Dumbledore coming down and thanking Potter directly after the game?" Draco asked looking very likely to spit on the ground in the same manner Snape had in the chapter. "Who else would he do that for? Name another student? In fact, name another headmaster who has ever done that for a student!"

"I don't know other headmasters, Dumbledore's been around for like a thousand years." Blaise said.

"I'm just saying, it's times like these that remind me why Potter can get away with bloody everything." Draco grumbled.

Pansy opened her mouth, but quickly closed it. Draco noticed though.

"Oh go ahead, defend your boyfriend." Draco's voice was calm but it was obvious he was frustrated.

"Now you're just being stupid. I wasn't going to defend him, I was just going to play devil's advocate for a second. But I know how you freak out and get all pissy and sensitive about this subject so I thought better of it." Pansy shot back.

Blaise let out a long sigh and debated, not for the first time, finding new people to read with. Pansy and Draco were always going at it. Pansy didn't so much defend Potter as she understood it was difficult not to see things from his perspective when they were reading from it. Blaise understood that, in fact, most people understood that. But Draco was too stubborn to admit to the same thing and only got angry anytime anyone so much as suggested anything in Potter's favor. It didn't mean they were all cosying up to Boy Wonder, or that anyone even liked him any better and they certainly didn't treat him differently. It was just about recognizing there are always at least two sides to everything and they were now seeing the other side. Draco didn't see it this way.

"I'm not getting pissy, I mean it. Go ahead and say what you're thinking. I'd love to hear it this time." Draco sat up and put on a fake attentive face.

"No, because you'll say something in response that will make me have to hex you." Pansy crossed her arms.

"She was probably going to say that he finds himself in situations that require him to have a little more attention." Draco's betrayed eyes snapped to him. If Blaise knew him, he probably was feeling ganged up on. Blaise thought he knew Draco pretty well even if before this year they weren't really friends as much as they were dormmates. "He's a student that requires special needs. Of course it's not a regular thing for the headmaster to take time out of his day to watch a quidditch game, but if there's the chance a student is going to buck off his broom, he's gonna be there to make sure he can prevent said kid from dying. And maybe see if anyone's being suspicious."