Chapter Twenty-One

Începe de la început

Suddenly a sweet smell of lavender and pine filled the air. The smell made me feel alive as if the air just filled me with life. It was intoxicating, like my known personal drug. Liam and the rest looked at something behind me but I kept my head down just enjoying the smell. My wolf loved it to, but didn't make an effort to let me know. I heard someone say something but didn't pay attention.

"You're up." The kid Kevin cheered. I heard a soft giggle behind me. Suddenly the smell intensified and I felt someone pass by me. A girl embraced Liam and snuggled into him. Was this smell from her? I was confused as hell but didn't let it show. I guessed this girl was Lily. Her black hair was tied in a high bun but I couldn't quite see her face.

"You must be Lily, I presume." I said looking at her. I saw her stiffen in Liam's arms and then look up at him. Slowly she turned to me and it took all I could do to hold the gasp that threatened to leave my lips. She was stunning, beyond gorgeous. Her pale skin looked flawless and smooth, a little hair fell on her face, and she had the most beautiful eyes ever. It was a bright lavender color. Quickly composing my face, I nodded at her.

"The name's Zach Erickson, Alpha of Blood pack." She looked at me with a blank face, then at my hand. She stepped back towards Liam and then nodded back at me.

"It's nice to meet you." She replied softly. I let my hand fall by my side, and looked at her. Her voice was a little horse as if she had a cold. And then she just turned and left, with Liam behind her, who was followed by Kevin and Tyler.

"What was that abut?" I wondered out loud feeling a little sad she wasn't in front of me. I could spend every minute just looking into those eyes. She brought up feelings in me that I had buried deep inside for three years.

"No idea." Hayden shrugged. "Well Zach come on let's get you freshened up." Craig said walking towards the stairs. Nodding I followed him but turned to look at the back door which was half open, but sighing I turned back noticing that smell had gone too, missing it already.

It had been two days since I came here and all I could do was watch her, Lily. I just couldn't get her out of my mind. There was something different about her. Every time I saw her, I got a weird feeling that I knew her, yet I didn't.  I didn't know what was happening to me. Waking up in the morning and seeing her in the kitchen making breakfast for all made me happy for no reason. I had't poken to her much because well I have a feeling she is kind of ignoring me. I mean she speaks only when spoken to, if I enter the living room she politely excuses herself and leaves. And she is always followed around by the sky pack alpha.

I knew they were a thing but every time I saw them smiling or laughing or kissing each other all I could do was clench my fists in anger and pure jealousy. This was so new to me that I hate to admit I was scared. For the past three years I haven't felt this feeling and I had no idea why was all this happening suddenly towards someone I barely know.

"Hey Zach, come on; we're having a drink out back." Hayden called out. I looked up from my book giving him a blank stare.

"Not interested." I grumbled.

"Zach, get your ass out of that chair. Enjoy with us mate." He cheered wildly.

"Who's us?" I asked looking back in the book. 

"Me, Levi, Craig, Liam, Lily---." My ears perked up and I smiled. Hiding it and putting on a blank face I faced him. "Fine, let's go." I faked annoyance but in reality I wanted to see her. God I am acting like a stalker now. What is about this girl that's making me like a love sick puppy? It's just maddening and I hate it but can't help it too.