Chapter 1

A/N: I DO NOT OWN GAME OF THRONES OR ITS CHARACTERS, THAT ALL BELONGS TO GOERGE RR MARTIN. BUT I DO OWN MY OC: NEVAEH TARGARYEN!!!

Nevaeh's POV:

I was walking through the Red Keep, with a few of my fathers gaurds trailing behind me. He won't let me handle a sword or bow because father says that it is not for a lady to learn how to fight. Secretly, my brother Rhaegar has been giving me sword fighting lessons. He says that a woman should know how to protect herself.

As I'm walking towards the stables, lost in thought, I ran straight into a large body. Before I could fall to the ground, an arm went around my waist. I looked up and recognized the mans features as beautiful blonde locks, and a dashing face, framing his emerald green eyes. I was face to face with Jaime Lannister.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry My Lady! I should have seen you walking." He went on. Finally Ser Barriston came behind me and removed my body from Jaime's arms. I immediately felt the loss of his warmth.

"Keep your hands to yourself Ser. Do you not know to whom you were holding?" Ser Barriston asked.

Jaime regarded me and finally asked, "Who are you?"

I was reluctant to answer at first because I didn't want him to only veiw me as the princess instead of a person. "I'm Nevaeh Targaryen, the daughter of Aerys Targaryen."

His eyes widened and he started to sputter out apologies and left in a hurry... He left without saying goodbye and I was suprised to feel a little hurt by this realization. But, why? He was part of the Kingsguard now. He would never be able to marry or have children. In addition, he was a Lannister, the family my father had quarreled with for so many years.

If only I had known in that moment that I would undoubtedly fall in love with him.